JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to see people's different perspectives on the rallys. It seemed to me that there was quite a turn out for a work day, but I couldn't get a handle on numbers from my position on the curbside. How were the speachafiers? Again, curb, couldn't hear!

Thanks to all who attended!

I was at the Salem rally for about two hours. Been running a fever for a few days so I left at noon. Took my little brother and invited a friend to come along.

Most of the speakers were OK but even standing close couldn't really hear much.

Good to see a positive turnout. The cops in attendance via there job were cool.

We should have another one on June 14th, Flag day.

SF-

Turn out looked pretty good, I didn't hear all of the speakers either, there were a couple political reps.

Funny thing was the early morning 911 calls from Drivers reporting people with Guns. I was standing next to one of the Salem Bike cops and his radio was very active.

I was at the Salem rally for about two hours. Been running a fever for a few days so I left at noon. Took my little brother and invited a friend to come along.

Most of the speakers were OK but even standing close couldn't really hear much.

Good to see a positive turnout. The cops in attendance via there job were cool.

We should have another one on June 14th, Flag day.

SF-

I had trouble hearing the speakers too so I just talked with a couple of people.

It seemed like there were a lot of cops.

Right about 10:30

IMAG0500_zpsf350c85c.jpg

IMAG0501_zps16dac52b.jpg

IMAG0502_zpsd5334c0d.jpg

A few hours later

IMAG0504_zpsad4cdeba.jpg

IMAG0505_zps12a8e9a6.jpg

IMAG0506_zpsd4659e84.jpg

I was behind all the speakers and couldn't hear jack but truth be told I was pitching Appleseed so I spent most of the time talking to the people at my table.

It was a good turn out for a week day about 2/3's of what was there in January. Counted 26 cops from different agencies. Two had long coats and street clothes with their radios under their coats. Sure get a good turn out of Bikers each time. Vary small group of anti gun people on the Capital steps. Yep looking forward to the next one!

Like others stated, very poor speaker system. Tough to hear the speakers. Especially when all the Harleys came in. Pretty good turn out though, lots of AR's and AK's. I was surprised at the large police presence, not sure what they were expecting?

Three of use drove down from Camano Island to Olympia.

I would say the turn out was about 20% of the Jan 19th Rally. I suspect the selection of a weekday (workday) had something to do with it.

Febrally028_zps9c8a13cd.jpg

Febrally064_zpsa32c5f9b.jpg

Much MORE media at this one than the last.
Febrally061_zps069355fa.jpg

Febrally029_zpsd74eed6b.jpg

I'd say most carried openly
Febrally055_zps2af43be0.jpg

Febrally078_zpsb6be002c.jpg

We had a few legislators come out and address the crowd.
Febrally076_zpsf05d50f5.jpg

Febrally072_zpsfba27825.jpg

Febrally079_zpsf92b920d.jpg

Wish more could have made it.

We were outside until about 12:30 then proceeded inside to meet with our Senator.
All very positive.
Spoke to a number of the OSP contingent. Several of them told us that their number present was same as a regular workday. All were positive as to how polite and respectful the rally was. They specifically contrasted it with the homosexual and SEIU/illegals where they had to add many extra officers to handle it and then the mess they left had to be cleaned by others.
An important point that was brought out in our meeting is that its important to be positive in engaging legislators. There are a number of important "gatekeepers" in control of the legislative process. They are from both parties. They may be in the wavering group and threats or insults may have a negative effect on our interests.
Also, remember Oregon's Bill of Rights. Much less ambiguous than the 2nd Amendment.

I'm guessing there was 50% turn out from the first rally..so about 1500 or so. The sound equipment sucked. Very nice polite people in the rally. I do think we need to change a few things though...

Ditch the annoying bikers. Both rallys they have been there. I think they are primarily there to show their bikes off instead of being there to support the 2a. Both rallys they fire up and drive off, making as much noise as possible in the middle of speeches. Very disrespectful.

Dont bring confederate flags...

Don't waive your guns around. Holster them and keep them holstered the whole time.

Dont dress in all black and be carrying a tactical AR. Not a good image for us.

These are my opinions on what we could or should change for the better.

I'm guessing there was 50% turn out from the first rally..so about 1500 or so. The sound equipment sucked. Very nice polite people in the rally. I do think we need to change a few things though...

Ditch the annoying bikers. Both rallys they have been there. I think they are primarily there to show their bikes off instead of being there to support the 2a. Both rallys they fire up and drive off, making as much noise as possible in the middle of speeches. Very disrespectful.

Dont bring confederate flags...

Don't waive your guns around. Holster them and keep them holstered the whole time.

Dont dress in all black and be carrying a tactical AR. Not a good image for us.

These are my opinions on what we could or should change for the better.

For the most part (time, place & manner) I'm all for people being who/what they want to be , but ^^^This^^^

There were very few people that had a legit excuse for not showing up to this.
I am disappointed in the turn out, this one was in the works for longer than the 19th rally and the 19th blew this one out as far as attendance.

As for as who to “ditch”……this I still a free country and I know I wasn’t personally invited to go to this and the bike clubs probably weren’t either , but at least they showed and swelled numbers, made folks take notice.
That I a s#!t ton more than a lot of LAZY gun owners did. Aside from the few that really had a legitimate excuse for missing it , the rest of you reading this and know inside you could have and should have been there, go to h#ll, give your guns to real patriots……your anonymous typing on lame forums, your emails to your enemies get nothing done, getting off your lazy *** does.

Some people didn’t like what others were wearing! OMG that is the exact mentality that is trying to undermine our entire way of life. People are so blind, so self centered that they think someone wearing black is going to give gun owners a bad image…..What gives them a bad image is weakness, lazyness, bickering about wardrobe, day of the week, parking, cold weather, loud motorcycles, sound systems….some states only had bull horns….spoiled , entitled prima donnas are what comes to my mind when I read their weak willed, titty baby list of offences that people commit .

Everybody always worried about what other people are doing, make sure your doing the “right” thing in your eyes and other will do what they thing they need to do. It was a good diverse crowd , with the same common goal.

It’s the idea, the show of people, everything else is second fiddle. I’ll show for the next one and I hope to god all the black wearing ar15 toting people and bikers show because I would gladly stand beside them and fight for our rights

I am disappointed in the turn out, this one was in the works for longer than the 19th rally and the 19th blew this one out as far as attendance.

As for as who to "ditch"......this I still a free country and I know I wasn't personally invited to go to this and the bike clubs probably weren't either , but at least they showed and swelled numbers, made folks take notice.
That I a s#!t ton more than a lot of LAZY gun owners did. Aside from the few that really had a legitimate excuse for missing it , the rest of you reading this and know inside you could have and should have been there, go to h#ll, give your guns to real patriots......your anonymous typing on lame forums, your emails to your enemies get nothing done, getting off your lazy *** does.

Some people didn't like what others were wearing! OMG that is the exact mentality that is trying to undermine our entire way of life. People are so blind, so self centered that they think someone wearing black is going to give gun owners a bad image.....What gives them a bad image is weakness, lazyness, bickering about wardrobe, day of the week, parking, cold weather, loud motorcycles, sound systems....some states only had bull horns....spoiled , entitled prima donnas are what comes to my mind when I read their weak willed, titty baby list of offences that people commit .

Everybody always worried about what other people are doing, make sure your doing the "right" thing in your eyes and other will do what they thing they need to do. It was a good diverse crowd , with the same common goal.

It's the idea, the show of people, everything else is second fiddle. I'll show for the next one and I hope to god all the black wearing ar15 toting people and bikers show because I would gladly stand beside them and fight for our rights

WOW thats some social skill set you have there.

I don't care what you are wearing or what you are carrying personally but, we are in a war with the people who want to restrict our rights. Think about what they will use against us when you are preparing to head to a public event. Much like the two organizers of this event who walked around Portland in front of a school with two loaded ARs. Were they legal? Yes. Did it do more harm than good? YES! It reinforced this idea that any crazy person can walk around a school with a scary rifle. We need to EASE the public in to being comfortable around guns again. The same goes for this event. If you show up looking like the kids from Columbine they will act like you are the same.

My big thing is proper weapons safety. At every event I have been to there have been people with their weapons off "SAFE" and/or they muzzle sweep people. Someone is going to be shot, either for muzzle sweeping someone or having a Negligent Discharge.

I was there last month, I was there yesterday and I will be there at the next one. I don't give a damn what you wear, what you carry or what you ride just that you show up. I was hoping for a bigger turn out but thank everybody who showed up.

Last month there were two girls in tyedye shirts and psychedelic posters with nose rings who said they had never owned, shot or even held a gun but they were there because they did not want to see those rights taken from others. Yesterday there was a young family man that said he had not grown up around guns but now that he has a son he feels a need to protect him. I appreciate the fact that they came to show their support.

The biggest impact we can make at these rallys is to be respectful of each other and the LEO's and leave the area cleaner than we found it. We are not the occupy folks who tear bubblegum up and leave garbage all over the place. We are responsible adults and need to make sure we act like it.

I tried to get one of the protestors to explain to me what they thought "SANE" gun was were since this is what was on her sign. She did not want to explain it to me so I told here I did not want to argue but wanted to know her side and where she was coming from. She kept quiet so I thanked her, told her to have a nice day and also told her I hope that she was never in a situation where she felt she needed to defend her life.

As for as who to “ditch”……this I still a free country and I know I wasn’t personally invited to go to this and the bike clubs probably weren’t either , but at least they showed and swelled numbers, made folks take notice.
That I a s#!t ton more than a lot of LAZY gun owners did. Aside from the few that really had a legitimate excuse for missing it , the rest of you reading this and know inside you could have and should have been there, go to h#ll, give your guns to real patriots……your anonymous typing on lame forums, your emails to your enemies get nothing done, getting off your lazy *** does. rights

On behalf of the lazy gun owners I apologize for having to go to work and needing to earn a living. Next time I'll be sure to ask the bank if I can skip that months mortgage payment because I had to go to a rally. I'm sure my boss will understand too.

I think that dressing like an Occupy Anarchist hurts the cause. I was happy that most people in the photos looked normal, but the newspapers don't print normal.
I understand the concern with bike noise, but the bikers have a very well organized political machine from decades of helmet rights work. They shouldn't be brushed off too casually.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top