JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Screw that, I'm not going to tip-toe or walk on egg shells to prevent upsetting some ignoramuses’ fragile sensibilities.

Then may I suggest you never, ever stand before a judge- between the contempt of court fines, and the punishment of fines or a civil suit would drain your wallet.

Remember the movie "Top Gun" when the Admiral chews out Maverick and Goose "Son, your body is writing checks..."?

Has anyone taken the time to question "The NRA's training program has been stagnant for a long time" and then compared it with the fact's that firearm technology really hasn't changed too much in the past 70ish years? Sure there's been some improvement like the use of plastics- and the NRA has changed some of its courses to reflect current legal thinking. But you still concentrate on that front sight when stress firing right?

Seriously- how much improvement can you do on the training side when the subject mater reached it's zenith of operational development some 70 years ago?

Like a "new car". No, there really hasn't been a new car invented in the past 100 years. The technology has changed, true. But you still have 4 wheels, the brakes have been upgraded from mechanicals (still used for emergency brakes) to hydraulics. There's really nothing new- even that new car that runs off air in France is an old idea.

Seriously- how much improvement can you do on the training side when the subject mater reached it's zenith of operational development some 70 years ago?

Over just the last 7 years there has been a 5% to 9% reduction in record Steel Challenge times. I mention Steel Challenge because the courses of fire are fixed.

There has been a lot of innovation otherwise the FBI Speed Crouch would still be the standard.

You would not see times like these even 15 years ago - 2012 US Steel Shoot, Super Squads Smoke & Hope - YouTube

Over just the last 7 years there has been a 5% to 9% reduction in record Steel Challenge times. I mention Steel Challenge because the courses of fire are fixed. There has been a lot of innovation otherwise the FBI Speed Crouch would still be the standard. You would not see times like these even 15 years ago - 2012 US Steel Shoot, Super Squads Smoke & Hope - YouTube

True- but the basic concepts remain, based on physics and ergonomics was the point I was making.

Try and find any national level competitors doing anything other than an isosceles stance using a high thumbs forward grip these days, neither of which was common 30 years ago. And the refinements keep coming.

For referring to my weapon as a "weapon"? Get real and grow a sack.

Part of owning a "sack" is the ability to take into consideration both the strategic and tactical opportunities and limitations of a situation.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD do something. In this case, the difference is what's shown on television. The difference is public perception, not your "sack".

Its not about you, "sack", its about the public perception- and in your case, the inability to learn from when Starbucks CEO finally asked open carry people to no longer do it. Because those open carry people had YOUR attitude and the CEO got pissed remember?

If you cannot control your "sack" or the fingers its connected to- and yes, there are liberals who monitor this forum and are laughing at you right now because you just proved to them- the so called "elite"- that you're a one eyebrowed, knuckledragger, nose picker backwoods kind of protohuman- the exact kind of people who the "elite" think date their sisters and go to family reunions to find a new wife.

The biggest thing you have failed- that MOST gun owners have failed (I put myself into this category also- so don't feel bad) is Perception is reality

Try and find any national level competitors doing anything other than an isosceles stance using a high thumbs forward grip these days, neither of which was common 30 years ago. And the refinements keep coming.

Refinement is always a good thing- sometimes they can lead to dead ends in development (The Edsel car was so far advance in its day it scared buyers off) or something wonderful (Both the Judge and the Governor are examples) but in general we're talking incremental advancement, not huge sweeping improvements.

I think we're looking at the same problem, with the same conclusions, just approaching it from different angles

Refinement is always a good thing- sometimes they can lead to dead ends in development (The Edsel car was so far advance in its day it scared buyers off) or something wonderful (Both the Judge and the Governor are examples) but in general we're talking incremental advancement, not huge sweeping improvements.

I think we're looking at the same problem, with the same conclusions, just approaching it from different angles

I'm thinking that the only way you are going to understand is by taking a class from one of the really good instructors who is also an innovation shooter. Then you will get it.

I would suggest Gabe White, he local and the cost is less than some of the others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top