JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seattle Times wakes up to ‘Gunrunner’ scandal…sort of

Sunday’s Seattle Times edition carried an Associated Press story that briefly alludes to the scandal currently surrounding the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ controversial “Project Gunrunner” scandal, but in the process, the newspaper appears to have practiced some selective editing to convince readers the problem of gun smuggling along the U.S.-Mexico border is worse than anyone could imagine.

<broken link removed>

Sorry, but what's the point here? Somebody's quoting stats that about 2000 guns go from the US to Mexico every day. OK? What about it? Guns are plentiful and easy to get in the US, and the border is long and largely unpopulated. Is it 2000? or 4000? or 100? I have no idea, but it's not nothing. And who cares? Does the number matter? Or is the fact that smuggling goes on a shock?

Guns go south for money. People and drugs go north for money. Is anyone surprised?

I must be missing something.

Actually Dave, I would prefer you to stay, as I enjoy your column. I don't know which of my many gun mags I usually see your writings but I generally Agree and I think you are a Stand-Up Guy.

That's very kind of you, but if you don't mind, I'd rather sit down. It's my advanced age, combined with my inherent laziness, you know. ;)

My screed appears in GUN WEEK, GUN DIGEST (the magazine), NORTHWEST SPORTSMAN, and GUN WORLD.

That's very kind of you, but if you don't mind, I'd rather sit down. It's my advanced age, combined with my inherent laziness, you know. ;)

My screed appears in GUN WEEK, GUN DIGEST (the magazine), NORTHWEST SPORTSMAN, and GUN WORLD.

If I sent you my publication record, would you be impressed? I don't think so. So the fact that mags in short supply of content are willing to pick up your screed shouldn't impress people who know how this stuff works.

If I sent you my publication record, would you be impressed? I don't think so. So the fact that mags in short supply of content are willing to pick up your screed shouldn't impress people who know how this stuff works.

Don't let me stop you. Please go ahead and provide the forum with a bibliography of your published work.

He won't Dave just ignore him.

Well, if he dislikes me so much, he probably won't want to read this:
;)

Is Washington Post helping ATF circle wagons on &#8216;Gunrunner' scandal?

Is the Washington Post providing cover to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in the probe of an unfolding controversy regarding "Project Gunrunner" and an off-shoot of that operation in Arizona dubbed "Fast and Furious?"

<broken link removed>

He won't Dave just ignore him.

If he's a troll, why is he not banned?

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Why don't we give this cheesedyk the boot? He / she is only here to irritate us.
C'mon, somebody display some sack and pull the plug on CEF1959. Give me the authority and I'll do it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top