JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Winchester receiver and Springfield barrel. Apparently the other parts are Italian, Breda Meccanica Bresciano, and manufactured early to mid 1950s. Throat and muzzle measures 2 and barely 2. Put together with a repro beach stock by a gentleman member of the OAC that is arguably a Garand pro.

I've been wanting a Garand but prices for anything original(ish), all arsenal rebuilt and as pretty as this are too big of bucks for me. I hated to do it but he was happy to take my 03-A3 off my hands, and I added some cash. I can hardly wait to get it to the range and see what it will do.

Any input on the history of the BMB manufactured Garand parts are welcome.

P1040750.JPG

P1040751.JPG
P1040752.JPG

P1040753.JPG

Last Edited:
A bit of Walnut Stain and some LinSpeed will make it much closer in Appearance to a WW-2 Rifle. If I ever start shooting again I'm hoping to get one of the DCM Garands in .308!

A bit of Walnut Stain and some LinSpeed will make it much closer in Appearance to a WW-2 Rifle. If I ever start shooting again I'm hoping to get one of the DCM Garands in .308!
You know, I was not sure about the light wood stock at first. But then, I now have a rifle that no one else has. It could never have the provenance of an original M1 Garand. I have accepted that. In looking(drooling) over Garands here and there, on-line, gun shows, CMP, they were a lot of money for guns that weren't as nice as you an find other decent WWII guns....03, 03 A3, .30 Carbine. The barrel, (4/53) and receiver (Feb-Mar 1944) on this gun are flawless. Not a hint of pitting, gouges or deep scratches The gentleman that built this said that BMB made high quality parts, equaling or exceeding some of the parts that came from Winchester and others during the war years before. I would tend to believe him as I've known him for several years and seen more than a couple of his creations. Regarding the stock, he oil finishes these by hand. Literally hand rubs multiple coats of oil into the stock.

Nice! Every American should have an M1 and a 1911. :)

I got to see first hand one of those CMP 1911s they put out there this year. His was a 1918 manufacture. I've got to say Dayum! I couldn't believe the beautiful finish on it. Just some even wear. It was kind of a gray color. No pitting and no gouges or scratches that I could see. He had the slide back so I didn't get to see if it rattled when shook. I didn't know the guy from adam, he'd only come there to show it off to my guy. That was an exciting piece of history right there!

Last Edited:
Are you going to reload for this new addition, Mik?

I purchased 200 rounds of PPU 150 grain. It says right on the box "For Garand". I'd purchased that for the 03-A3. I will get dies and such down the line and have the PPU brass to load.

It looks like a real nice garand Mike. The lighter stock looks like it is birch which was very common. Take her out and shoot her and have fun. Make sure you grease her up good. The CMP has a good maintenance manual

Mind your thumb.....

I learned how to do that many years ago. I wrenched on Honda motorcycles just out of high school for about eight years. Still have all the tools and do my own maintenance on anything I can.
And I first shot a Garand about three years ago and was cautioned about "Garand Thumb" then. Yeah, looks like the bite would be substantial!

Hah, mine was a Winchester-made model, too, in 1944. Small world, eh? It was a real softie to shoot, in my mind's eye now, since it was banned in 1988. It ended up in Belgium, I'm told.

Funny how a little country where the borders change with the weather, and whose main contribution to the planet is in the person of a detective who never existed, can have semi-auto centrefire rifles, but we, who helped liberate them twice in less than thirty years, can't?

Nice! Every American should have an M1 and a 1911. :)
Too poor for that, so I'll have to stick with my AR and P226... ;)

Awesome find, @Mikej , I was there and regret not bringing anything to trade nor cash... not that I have anything particularly desirable in that camp.
This show was a better than last year, I was very happy with it.
Only wish I walked away with a pistol or one of those carbines... maybe the Smith Corona... oh well! Have to remember to budget for next year.

Last Edited:
Here's a fun video, since it was brought up...

Has to be my favorite gun sound, ejection of the clip, and my favorite posture to load ammunition. Just too cool!

Here's a fun video, since it was brought up...

Has to be my favorite gun sound, ejection of the clip, and my favorite posture to load ammunition. Just too cool!

They only Garand I shot, and only three rounds left in the clip, was after one of our clean-ups. I picked up on that sound immediately. Something about it, yeah.

Winchester receiver and Remington barrel.

Are you sure? Remington didn't make barrels for the M1. Lock back the op rod and look on the right side of the barrel. What markings are there? And where is it marked Remington?

militarye.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top