JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

When loading the patched round ball do you...

• Wipe after every shot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
During extended range sessions or trail walks do you wipe after every shot? Only when loading gets tough? Or never?

I'm in the never category. I always spit patch when punching paper or doing trail walks and that seems to keep everything going just fine for the 25-30 shots I end up doing at a shoot.

For hunting I use a greased patch and except for a really good day small game hunting I never shoot enough to need to wipe.

The guys I shoot with do the full bore mop routine every time. They're also shooting bore diameter balls with teflon coated patches that get started with a mallet.

Once a year we do a Fer du lac target and make everybody shoot out of the bag. Set the target at 100 yds. Everybody moves up to the 75 yard line and shoots the 25 yd bulls then moves back to the 50, etc and finishes up back at the shooting benches for the 100 yard portion. Keeps everybody honest.

Depends really, Smooth bore, Never an issue, Rifled, things get gunked up pretty fast so A fellas gotta scrape out the bore pretty often! Some of my Rifled Long Arms get fowled in as few as three rounds, so I scrub the bore every shot, smooth bore has never seemed to give me any issues!

I do my best to shoot like Daniel Boone and Kit Carson.
No teflon coated patches , fancy lubes or high tech wonders...
I have enough blue ribbons and get meat each season to know that how I shoot works for me.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top