Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

To upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by terrylf72, Mar 4, 2009.

1. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Sorry for the lack of photos, but as I am at work and cant not bring my weapons here the discriptions will have to do for now.

I have been thinking of upgrading from a Gen. 2 Glock 17 to a gen 3!
    I have had this weapon sense 1993 when I turned 21. Just looking for imput. still on the edge on to keep the old and still just get a new or to sell old towards a new.

Any and all info helpfull

Thanks

Terry

2. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

Why not keep the glock and buy something differant like a revolver then you have the glock to shoot and something else to shoot also. Or perhaps a 9mm carbine to keep the same ammunition but give you more options?

And if you have had it since forever keep it! I don't think I have ever regretted keeping a gun but on the other hand trading them off sometimes.

Steven

3. tuckerha

tuckerha Tucson, Arizona Member

Last time I sold my Glock I regretted it a ton. Why not wait and see what else is out there?

4. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

+1 to the above, keep the gen 2 glock 17, why not buy a gen 3 glock 19 to ADD to the collection.

5. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

...or pick up a baby Glock. :)

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I'm not sure trading-in (or selling) a Gen2 just so you can get a Gen3 is worth the effort. There are obviously some differences between the two, but I'm not sure they justify an upgrade - in the end, they both sorta do the same thing.

BTW, I have a 1993 Gen2 G19 and recently bought a new Gen3 G19 to add to my collection. I do like the grip on the Gen3 a little better, but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because they both function the same way, I've already got tons of G19 mags & holsters, and my wife likes shooting it (so, she can borrow one).