JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I started an ar15 build about forever ago. I purchased a Magpul UBR because of how durable it is and I thought it looked pretty good.

Well I'm rethinking my strategy now. Originally I wanted a somewhat light weight rifle, which the UBR is not. So I wanted to see what you guys/gals think. Should I keep it or sell/trade it for something like a Vltor Imod. And what kind of weight saving would I get by switching to an Imod with milspec buffer tube and endpapers vs the UBR.

I like the way it looks and feel other than the weight of it. What do you think.

I think it is the best looking stock out there myself. I don't like the $250 price tag for it though and I don't like the weight or the way it sits like a magpul prs in that it don't close to carbine length.
I bought a Knights sr15 that came with a lmt sopmod and it is also $200+ which I don't see it being worth that much but it is a good stock.
My Noveske has a Magpul ACS and I love the functions of it and storage but it look's ghey.

I say keep it. All the weight is back at the shoulder so you don't notice the weight when you're shooting. Try it out for a while and if you don't like it sell.

20130621_160522 - Copy.jpg

Keep it! If you want a lightweight rifle the only answer is build another AR, put the UBR on that one then get something new. But the UBR is probably my favorite stock hands down.

It is a bit heavy, but unless you are doing a dedicated lw build, i think you will find it will balance a gov or m4 profile 16" barrel nicely. sometimes a nicely balanced 8lb rifle will handle better than an unbalanced 7lb rifle.

Ive owned one.. Way to heavy and a little on the bulky side.
Also, if ever you plan on reselling the rifle, prepare to take a hit on the price for all accessories. The high price tag stuff like $-optics, PSR and UBR stocks add a cool factor and value.. But also slow the sale.

I found the CTR stock to work better for my personal preferences and the option of a cheek riser if need be. The UBR not so much, it can.. But it wasn't designed to utilize one.

My vote and opinion is no. It doesn't really provide anything the PSR or CTR cant do better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top