JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's designed for polymer construction, so the strengths and weaknesses of polymer were taken into consideration within it's engineering and testing.

The AR lower has an obvious point where it's likely to fail unless the proper material is used, and that;s exactly where it failed in the OP's rifle. I'm happy to use polymer where it's appropriate, but not where it isn't.

As seen below the ARX is a completely a different beastie than the AR15, even if certain parts can be used between the two and the both have "AR" in their name.

View attachment 890791
Exactly. Is this thread about polymer AR lowers or polymer guns in general? Because those are two very different subjects.

Hey now, mine is beautiful in its own way! And I can remove my barrel in five seconds and flip ejection and charging sides in another ten! Weird Euro arms > blasé any day! Almost as gorgeous as my AUG 🤤
Sounds kinda like transjection confusion issues to me. First barrel on then barrel off and finally back on again. Then yer ejecting both ways and can't quite decide which so you keep switching sides as well.

Me? I've always been confident on my preferred ejection orientation since I started as a young man. Definitely no latent confusion on any of that stuff.

Sounds kinda like transjection confusion issues to me. First barrel on then barrel off and finally back on again. Then yer ejecting both ways and can't quite decide which so you keep switching sides as well.

Me? I've always been confident on my preferred ejection orientation since I started as a young man. Definitely no latent confusion on any of that stuff.
Some go both ways! Muhaha. On a serious note it's nice when at the range and you can eject away from somebody next to you (or at them if you don't like them).

I am not a huge polymer ar fan but do have one on a dedicated 22lr build that works great. From the pics it looks like where the insert came out there is no cracks. I would try roughing the exterior of the insert up and press it back in using jb weld or gorilla glue.

I am not a huge polymer ar fan but do have one on a dedicated 22lr build that works great. From the pics it looks like where the insert came out there is no cracks. I would try roughing the exterior of the insert up and press it back in using jb weld or gorilla glue.
I'll probably just send it back for repair... for the second time... I'd considered just telling them to junk it, but times being as they are...

Main virtue on a poly is a cheap, disposable practice lower to learn machining on... and when the balloon goes up, they should be good for at least a few shots to "trade up to better"--think "FP45 Liberator of the rifle world."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top