JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can also buy polymer uppers

When they make one in clear, I'm going to get one for my clear lower.

It was way back in the tiny print on page 4. Said some dang thing about not using chemicals on it... nothing about using glue. :(
They can't really expect us to read anything after page 2, or really all of any page.

Nothing a little JB weld can't fix. Just kidding but I can see them being used for .22s at least the later reinforced ones but 5.56 or .308 Yikes! :eek:

Polymer can certainly be good. You just can't duplicate the same thing in a different material and have it work, it takes some concessions.

Like others have mentioned the old cav arms and the new KE arms lowers are plenty tough, also very light and inexpensive.

That whole rifle weighs just over 6 lbs.

20210523_161541.jpg

Polymer can certainly be good. You just can't duplicate the same thing in a different material and have it work, it takes some concessions.

Like others have mentioned the old cav arms and the new KE arms lowers are plenty tough, also very light and inexpensive.

That whole rifle weighs just over 6 lbs.

View attachment 890760
Yeabut can you butt stroke a gerbil with it?

The Beretta ARX doesn't seem to have issues with its polymer construction, it's a military rifle after all. Polymer is superior to aluminum in many ways. The only way I'd own an AR is if it had a polymer lower, but then I'd still have that infuriating spring noise when firing...

Check out the WWSD 2020 introduced by InRange. Excellent AR with a polymer lower.

When they make one in clear, I'm going to get one for my clear lower.

They can't really expect us to read anything after page 2, or really all of any page.
Gonna get a clear barrel, too? You'll know just how dirty it is
The Beretta ARX doesn't seem to have issues with its polymer construction, it's a military rifle after all. Polymer is superior to aluminum in many ways. The only way I'd own an AR is if it had a polymer lower, but then I'd still have that infuriating spring noise when firing...

Check out the WWSD 2020 introduced by InRange. Excellent AR with a polymer lower.
Totally different design

It's designed for polymer construction, so the strengths and weaknesses of polymer were taken into consideration within it's engineering and testing.

The AR lower has an obvious point where it's likely to fail unless the proper material is used, and that;s exactly where it failed in the OP's rifle. I'm happy to use polymer where it's appropriate, but not where it isn't.

As seen below the ARX is a completely a different beastie than the AR15, even if certain parts can be used between the two and the both have "AR" in their name.

1621814841717.png

It's designed for polymer construction, so the strengths and weaknesses of polymer were taken into consideration within it's engineering and testing.

The AR lower has an obvious point where it's likely to fail unless the proper material is used, and that;s exactly where it failed in the OP's rifle. I'm happy to use polymer where it's appropriate, but not where it isn't.

As seen below the ARX is a completely a different beastie than the AR15, even if certain parts can be used between the two and the both have "AR" in their name.

View attachment 890791
LOL, none of my ARs is as ugly as that corpulent SOB. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top