JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best way to learn is by trial n error, If all else fails THEN read the damn instructions... :s0125:

:s0140::s0140::s0140:
One of my favorite engineering colleagues is a sharp, sharp woman with a deeply developed dark humor streak, and a killer rack. We are both at a seminar, and she teaches one segment, during which she's wearing a T shirt, one size too small, with the big letters right across the front, "R T F M".
Jaws dropped, and I swear, there were guys drooling during the segment.

I didn't know what RTFM meant, so asked her after she was done. She told me. I quipped, "I think the message was delivered."
We both howled with laughter.

One of my favorite engineering colleagues is a sharp, sharp woman with a deeply developed dark humor streak, and a killer rack. We are both at a seminar, and she teaches one segment, during which she's wearing a T shirt, one size too small, with the big letters right across the front, "R T F M".

I didn't know what RTFM meant, so asked her after she was done. She told me. I quipped, "I think the message was delivered."
I too am a chestnut, this reminds me of the perfect comeback. Bubba J watching that same segment and Jeff Dunham asking him if he got anything out of that, Bubba J would say "OHHHH YEAHHHH!!!!" Lol
I bet it could've said NTRL and it would've also been delivered effectively. :D

This teaching method is called Hot for Teacher.

:)

I should've known better... just knocked this over while working on another rifle... and this happened...

I'll be sending the lower back to TA And telling them to keep it.

View attachment 890073
I think the way to make it work would be to integrate the lower and the recoil tube. Trying to use polymer for this application should be doable, but it should be re-engineered and not just a materials replacement.

I think the way to make it work would be to integrate the lower and the recoil tube. Trying to use polymer for this application should be doable, but it should be re-engineered and not just a materials replacement.
In post #3 "KE lower" is mentioned.
This is the latest rendition of the old "CavArms" lower which is what you describe.
You're married to the CavArms buttstock A2 style design, though.

:s0122:

In post #3 "KE lower" is mentioned.
This is the latest rendition of the old "CavArms" lower which is what you describe.
You're married to the CavArms buttstock A2 style design, though.
Yes, I mentioned them. I just picked up a couple of them and they are very robust. Apparently they have metal inserts in to reinforce them. I was just messing around and wanted a beater gun on the outside with very nice internals for the varmint trips.

Yes, I mentioned them. I just picked up a couple of them and they are very robust.
I didn't know they made one, but I've CAD'd up a lower basically just like that KP-15 for a later 3D printing project. Intention is to make it such that a normal buffer tube could be embedded. I think, made this way, it would be plenty strong.

SInce I'd be printing it, the non-customizability of the stock is much less an issue. Print what I want.

Never understood the allure of plastic lowers, nor uber high zoot $300+ lowers, either. Been using Aero Precision, no issues, no worries. Watch Aero's web site, they go on sale every now and then. There are others, but this is what I've used and know they work...perfectly. As they say, one guy's opinion.....

Never understood the allure of plastic lowers, nor uber high zoot $300+ lowers, either. Been using Aero Precision, no issues, no worries. Watch Aero's web site, they go on sale every now and then. There are others, but this is what I've used and know they work...perfectly. As they say, one guy's opinion.....
I bought a bunch of Bushmaster lowers in the early 90's and then a bunch of Anderson lowers about a decade (?) or so ago. No worries. Not into billet either, just forged thanks.

Dang, that sucks.

Though for the price... I'm still wanting to pick up one of them for a future .22lr build.

I have one. Haven't convinced myself to drill it yet. If I do anything with it, it will be a .22lr build. It will probably just sit in my closet or get traded for ammo.

I wouldn't use them for anything, including a .22LR, still a complete waste of time and money. Unless it is a KE, I wouldn't bother.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top