JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I've been off the site for about a week, and I noticed there are multiple ads in the F/S section for pmags and USGI mags for insane prices. Are we purposely price gouging each other on used magazines that we paid less than $15.00 a piece for, or was there some joke I missed out on?

I understand the fear of a ban, but why screw each other and use this nonsense as a way to try and make a couple hundred profit off your peers? If you have an ad up for your "secret stash" of pmags that you feel are now worth $60, or $70 (or more) a pop - you should be ashamed of yourself! Why not try and find a way to capitalize on the people taking away our rights rather than those who support them?

If you're one of the ones doing this BS, pat yourself on the back, you're part of the problem with this country, not the solution. Hopefully if this world crumbles around us and you find yourself in a firefight - you go black on ammo, and someone with one of your $70 pmags is there to sell you some rounds at $100 a pop.

You can only screw the ones that want to be screwed...... if your willing to pay 100 for a mag i hope u get screwed with no lube just bent over. Dont pay it and prices will come down

Its a shame. I now think less of our sub culture. I had always thought that, for the most part, fellow enthusiasts had similar morals and values, but its simply not true.

If you are so concerned about price gouging maybe you should flood the market with your own low priced personal stash. Let me know ill pay you retail. I'm not selling my stuff right now I had to hold on to it. I don't feel bad for the people who said this wouldn't happen again. They had 6 years to buy.

I've noticed the vast majority doing this are brand new. I suspect they are not gun people just people who decided to buy to profiteer.

I suspect they are gun people and probably long time members that just don't want to be tagged for attempting to profit from the hysteria. They are just opening new accounts solely for selling at inflated prices.

Welcome to the free market.

I have found that it's a mistake to assume that because other people have a like interest in firearms that they as a group are people that I would trust and associate with if I met them in person. In fact, I have found just the opposite to be the case. Though there are many very nice people on the board, there are also folks who I would expect to be on the other team in the event of a major failure of society.

I went to Curt's in Milwaukie last week and bought 5 windowed pmag's at $15 each. I then thought this week "you know it's Christmas time, I'm gonna go back and buy more to support a local small business." Uh, nope Curt's has doubled the price to $30 a mag and I will not pay an inflated price.

Now he has every right to do so as a small business but I don't neccessarily appreciate it. :s0013:

As far as the pmag's on here for sale by individuals, if you buy at those prices you lose money and that is a choice. I'll wait until the hype goes down before doing anything else.

Most of the people so upset about the high price of mags and ARs are people that didn't buy things when they should have.

No different with non-firearm related items. When silver goes to $200 and beyond (and it will), a #10 can of Mountain House is $300, or a Katadyn water filter is $600, the same people will be screaming rip-off, suckers, etc. Simply put, be smart. Get those things now and you won't have to pay through the nose later.

It is time to buy an AR or mags right now, probably not. But if you can buy Pmags for $30, chances are they will be worth $100 in a couple months. (100 of them just sold on Gunbroker for $7500 = $75 each - so, is $30 a 'rip off' - you decide)

Nothing wrong with speculating, even if you already have 50 of them or whatever.

The general/best advice is to buy THINGS you want/need now because the dollar has lost 95% of its value since 1913 when we handled its management over to private banker/scammers. Your folded money and digits in the bank are dying a slow death into oblivion. It won't get any better. THINGS over paper anyday. That includes crap like IRAs, paper cert gold, etc, etc.

Curt's has doubled the price to $30 a mag and I will not pay an inflated price.

Curt offered you the deal of the century. Name something else you can buy for $30 and sell for $90 a month from now? Anyone? I didn't think so..... Let's see what the price of a G3 Pmag is on 1/21/12 .. then we can see if you should have 'invested.'

The worst decline you could possible suffer on said investment is a 50% haircut. Even that is highly unlikely. No stockbroker could ever offer a better deal.

Most of the people so upset about the high price of mags and ARs are people that didn't buy things when they should have.

No different with non-firearm related items. When silver goes to $200 and beyond (and it will), a #10 can of Mountain House is $300, or a Katadyn water filter is $600, the same people will be screaming rip-off, suckers, etc. Simply put, be smart. Get those things now and you won't have to pay through the nose later.

It is time to buy an AR or mags right now, probably not. But if you can buy Pmags for $30, chances are they will be worth $100 in a couple months. (100 of them just sold on Gunbroker for $7500 = $75 each - so, is $30 a 'rip off' - you decide)

Nothing wrong with speculating, even if you already have 50 of them or whatever.

The general/best advice is to buy THINGS you want/need now because the dollar has lost 95% of its value since 1913 when we handled its management over to private banker/scammers. It won't get any better. THINGS over paper anyday. That includes crap like IRAs, paper cert gold, etc, etc.

Sorry Burt, but I completely disagree. I generally agree with your stances, but this one is off the mark. I'm not pissed I didn't get them earlier. I'm not looking to stock up. Just a guy who figured he should grab an extra mag for the next range trip, only time find scumbags trying to rip off their own community... Nothing has changed, no laws even on the docket to be discussed, and no shortage of supply. It's complete opportunistic hyper capitalism, I got it you don't pay my price or screw off tactics.

Se folks are gonna be trying to sell their 800 dollar AR's for 2 grand once the hysteria passes, and call me a low baller cuz I won't pay what it ain't worth...

Curt is having most of his inventory shipped Next Day Air just to keep things stocked. Quite a few distrubuters have jacked up their prices overnight too so it's not all the "greedy" gun shop owners. I find his prices to still be on the lower end of the shops out there.

To be honest, from a business perspective, I think a shop owner would be kinda stupid to NOT raise prices.

Well, you can please some of the people some of the time .... lol. I guess it is just the businessperson in me. If I were Curt I wouldn't be selling those mags for $30, but that is just me. Can you buy all you want? I heard he limited sales to one per customer. If not, I am there.

Time to work on a sale ad, suckers are a waiting.

Amazing what 6 days will do. I ordered a 10 pack of the window version of Pmags from Brownells for $155 with free shipping Last Sunday. They just arrived. Wished I'd ordered 100.

Let's say you bought a gas saving Toyota, gas skyrockets to $15 per gallon a month later. Now, you don't use the car much, just to tote around town, drive it a couple times a month. You paid 4K for the car, now your car is worth 20K in a fuel crisis economy. You are honestly preaching on here you wouldn't sell that car for 20K and use that 16K profit for something for your family or other needs, give me a break.

Some people remember the old ban and have invested in magazines and other "in demand" items, whether its gold, guns, etc...What about all those selling the full Auto's that bought prior to 86'? Should they sell their guns for a few bucks more than they paid? To some people, items are merely investments, buy low, sell high this is how things work for the free market.

Hell, $70 might be a deal by next month.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads