JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sling Blade
Please show us where the economy is doing good in any area of this kenyan economy ,One fact if the real unemployment number if it was printed anywhere it is in the neighborhood of 18%
you mention gas prices they are still twice what they were when he came into office

Well in the big picture, businesses in Oregon are expanding in Bend, Redmond, Prineville, PDX, Salem, etc., more students are attending community colleges and colleges, housing starts are up, adjusted for inflation gas costs less per hour's work than it did in the 60's, no shortage of people shopping and buying durable goods, DOW and NDSE doing well, dollar is holding stong in international markets, etc. What more do you need?

I will say for workers with no marketable skills this is not a great time, but in a capitalist economy one should know enough to learn a marketable skill.

Well in the big picture, businesses in Oregon are expanding in Bend, Redmond, Prineville, PDX, Salem, etc., more students are attending community colleges and colleges, housing starts are up, adjusted for inflation gas costs less per hour's work than it did in the 60's, no shortage of people shopping and buying durable goods, DOW and NDSE doing well, dollar is holding stong in international markets, etc. What more do you need?

I will say for workers with no marketable skills this is not a great time, but in a capitalist economy one should know enough to learn a marketable skill.

Now those are some really credible economic indicators People in community colleges can't afford a real college with no jobs waiting for them anyway, what business expanding what BS, Gas almost 2 times higher than when obammy came into office, Dow proped up by Q3 printing of money. The only reason gas is going down because of the devaluation of the Dollar as all world oil is traded in US Currency. So when obammycare kicks in a couple of weeks and people paychecks get smaller not counting the fiscal cliff we will be heading for a double dipp so please come back with this dogma after you get your first uemployment check and tell us how great the economy is. If the economy is doing so great then how come GDP growth is less than last year and the year before. We keep borrowing 48 cents on every dollar the feds spend Who the hell is going to pay that back You are my friend in hgher taxes when your guy in the WH says he wants to tax the rich that is BS he already has a tax increase starting Jan1 on all Americans you included.

So if your personal circumstances tell you that the economy is great So be it. Its not going to be long term so enjoy it while you can.

with all due respect, and I mean it sincerely because I do respect you, to continue to suggest that Bush is somehow responsible for the impressive catastrophe that is our current economy, is going to lessen hour credibility.

I feel that things have gotten worse, my dollar doesnt go as far so I am far from happy but to not give Bush and even the presidents before GW some responsibility for the fiscal mess is not a relaistic view point. Oh I agree Obama deserves a lot of credit for the current circumstances but he did not create the whole mess. I guess I lose credibility but I have written what I beleive is true.

James Ruby

Cognitive dissonance is the right descriptive term for the way people continue to hold a viewpoint in the face of overwhelming evidence showing it to be harmful.

I think there is something about liberalism that opens the liberals minds to fantasy rationalization when everyone else can see that their ideology is destroying the nation. It is NOT getting better!

The national debt is threatening to deny the grandchildren any quality of life as the probability of debt slavery looms in front of us, and for what? <broken link removed>

President Reagan seemed to constantly talk about freedom, for some odd reason Mr. Obama seems unfamiliar with the word. Poverty does not contribute to liberty, poverty enslaves. Look at this! U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Note the individual debt responsibility near the bottom, $1,061,206! Just send a check liberals, get it over with!

I didn't vote for Mr. Obama, but I get to suffer the results! I'm angry, because I and a lot of others told you so.

But I'm sure you liberals will line up to turn over your guns.

The repubs have sold gun owners out twice before bubba. Read up on these things TRSLMN. It will happen again by the repub house to get their way on budget stuff. People on both sides of the aisle will pay the price.

Obama only laid off of gun control to get another 4 years. He is not going to hold back now. If you couldn't see that coming you are delusional. When the ban on hi cap semiautos fails to keep something terrible from happening they will come after the next thing they decide to demonize. It means nothing to the antis that guns save lives. They are not good people, they are power hungry.

I hate to say it but just as much damage if not more could be done with a high powered hunting rifle!!!!!!!! So would you be willing to give those up too???? I would hate to see the carnage if he would have used a shot gun, maybe we should just give those up too. All of those weapons could do just as much in just as short amount of time!!!!!! I for one think the only people that should not be allowed to own weapons of thier choice are felons and those who have mental conditions that would deem them unfit to own one.

THe difference between using a bolt action rifle and an "assualt weapon" is how quickly you can get those rounds off on target -very few people can accurately shoot as fast with a bolt gun nor can they pull the trigger as many times with out reloading. There are real advantages to these "assualt weapons". Ask yourself howmany armies in the world give thier troops bolt action rifles as general issue?

James Ruby

THe difference between using a bolt action rifle and an "assualt weapon" is how quickly you can get those rounds off on target -very few people can accurately shoot as fast with a bolt gun nor can they pull the trigger as many times with out reloading. There are real advantages to these "assualt weapons". Ask yourself howmany armies in the world give thier troops bolt action rifles as general issue?

James Ruby

James Ruby, I'd like you to meet Lee Oswald...

Oswald only had one target not as many as he could shoot at - big difference. If I have to shoot at one thing and only need one or two hits that is much diffferent than putting as much lead out as possible on many different targets as possible. It is one of the reasons why semiautos are recommended for self defense in a rifle and bolt actions and single shots are not.

James Ruby

So the "good" semi-autos are recommended for self-defense but the "bad" semi-autos are only used for killing people and have no place in a civil society? Oh the shear irony associated with that type of thinking...

Short of broad endorsement of returning to muzzleloaders, we are on the slipperiest of slopes with this kind of "logic". We are entitled to believe in what we want but as has been said many times in the past, we are not entitled to our own facts. Have you ever watched a well-trained shooter with a revolver, pump shotgun or lever gun?

Any dangerous object (gun, knife, chainsaw, machete, garbage disposal, automobile, add any item you like) has the potential to be used for nefarious purposes. Why is it that limiting a gun's capabilities seems to be OK but making slower cars, less effective chainsaws, "safe" garbage disposals or any other improvement is thought of as crazy talk? Because nobody gets emotional about those objects even though the chances of being killed or maimed by them is far more likely than being mowed down in a Mass Casualty Incident.

I am sickened by what a few loonies have done with guns. Just as I am sickened when loonies use any tool to attack any other person. I do however understand that reactions to these events usually have less to do with actual prevention of future incidents and more to do with a need to "feel" like action has been taken.

Many people are actively complaining about the TSA and how their efforts are pretty much pointless at truly preventing anything from happening on a plane in the future. This entire gun control debate will result in a similar situation.

Hillary is sliding out the back door before she has to testify about the Americana she let die. And she is being replace by John Kerry who said he was a Vietam Veteran. I think its time to flush the toilet be the white house is full of bubblegum.

So if your personal circumstances tell you that the economy is great So be it. Its not going to be long term so enjoy it while you can.

The economy is on the rise. Unemployment is going down, earnings are going up.

Note that things indeed looked pretty bad from 2008 - 2010. A JG has pointed out, yet other refuse to accept, this cannot be faulted to president Obama. When you start your shift in the kitchen, and the guy ending his shift just gives you a turd and 2 pieces of bread, best you can do is make a turd sandwich. Obama, as much as I know you all want to deny it, is turning things around.

As for this AWB, we'll see it when (if) it actually happens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top