JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our current President learned some very valuable lessons from the Clinton administration.

Bill Clinton put Hilary in charge of Health Care Reform and took a leadership role pushing for it and suffered the consequences of not getting "his" agenda item approved. Clinton also took an outspoken leadership role in the AWB debate and suffered the consequences for that as well.

This time around, Obama said, "I want comprehensive healthcare reform..." and let others design it and ram it through Congress. He had plausible deniability if there was a public backlash and could simply say, "This isn't what I wanted but this is the best we could get from Congress". Up until the last round of presidential debates he wouldn't even call it Obamacare but took that on like a badge of honor when Romney used the term.

He is now doing the same thing with the new push on gun control. "I want comprehensive, sensible firearms law reform and I'm appointing Joe Biden to head the team..." He will get what he wants without having his actual fingerprints on it so he maintains plausible deniability if it goes sideways.

Clever man.

He is very good at using other people to protect himself. If that does not work just blame other people, its the Chicago Way. He is also clueless about how to do anything himself.

just came across this.. Havent had a chance to double verify yet..
Attorney General Eric Holder indicated that President Obama might turn to executive orders to implement his agenda on guns in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting.

"The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S., Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday," per Reuters.

Holder, who is traveling to Newtown today, said they are considering their options on executive orders: "Those options will have to include a ‘strong and robust' Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the chronically under-funded agency that enforces federal gun laws, he said."

That's the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that ran Operation Fast and Furious, in which U.S. law enforcement allowed drug cartels to purchase weapons in this country and smuggle them into Mexico.

Eric Holder: executive orders on gun control? | WashingtonExaminer.com

and here: Holder: executive actions to be considered on gun violence | Reuters

After the horrific and game-changing slaughter in Newtown, Connecticut, there is only one person who would have (flip) flopped onto the gun control bandwagon faster than Obama: his name is Mitt Romney.

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

PS - I have never voted for Obama.

After the horrific and game-changing slaughter in Newtown, Connecticut, there is only one person who would have (flip) flopped onto the gun control bandwagon faster than Obama: his name is Mitt Romney.

Red-Herring1.jpeg

Red-Herring1.jpeg

It changes nothing, why should I be punished for the deeds of others? My gun rights are the same now as after any tragedy since the Bill of Rights was written, why take them from me?

"Your level of delusion and cynacism<sic> is what is nuts here "

You think because Obama says:
"the public wants an awb. both dems and reps and even nra members", that this is so?

Join date, Suge206 12/20.12, My guess is you are not even a gun person but yet another of the Obama propaganda brigade doing damage control. The thing you Obama apologists and Democratic party liners don't understand is that the majority Democratic base doesn't want their guns taken and disagrees with the party on gun control.

Hey Trsism I am a democrat and I dont want my guns taken away but back up your statement that the "majority does not want an AWB with indisputable facts - we gun owners are the minority - unless proven otherwise I think you are wrong. I voted for Obama - this is no secret and I do not feel that if a Republican was in there it would be any different. So I will admit to Obama enacting gun control after it happens but I will not admit to being wrong that Obama was and is a better president than Romney ever could be - but that is going to be very hard to prove.

James Ruby

Hey Trsism I am a democrat and I dont want my guns taken away but back up your statement that the "majority does not want an AWB with indisputable facts - we gun owners are the minority - unless proven otherwise I think you are wrong. I voted for Obama - this is no secret and I do not feel that if a Republican was in there it would be any different. So I will admit to Obama enacting gun control after it happens but I will not admit to being wrong that Obama was and is a better president than Romney ever could be - but that is going to be very hard to prove.

James Ruby

Are you basing this on the booming economy that we have after his 4 years in office?

I voted for Obama for reasons other than gun control. I will admit he has stabbed me in the back with his policies though and looking back I'd still rather have him than Hillary McCain or Romney. The good news is, Joe Biden doesn't stand a chance in hell. I watched rights deteriorate under Clinton and Bush too. I don't see a lot of differences between the parties they've both sold out their citizens. So I'm forced to pick one that appeals to me. I don't blame anyone for not voting for the guy. We probably have different tastes in food cars and landscaping too. I sway a bit liberal on some issues and I'm more conservative on others. I do believe it's important for responsible adults to arm themselves and be prepared, simply because we do not know what will happen later today. So while we may disagree on social issues we probably do agree on weapons being accessible to our populace in case they really do become needed.

I am basing this on the mess he inherited and how our economy is doing today.

James Ruby

Good god man, are you inebriated? We are in worse economic shape after 4 years of Obama and even he admits it.

Are you basing this on the booming economy that we have after his 4 years in office?

I, for one, have no complaints. Dow is holding steady or gaining, new housing starts are up, I just got a raise (first one in eight years), sister in law looked for and got a bettter job in two weeks, wife is buying a new car. Even the meth dealers here in Yamhill County have at least two tires with tread on them.

Sling Blade
Please show us where the economy is doing good in any area of this kenyan economy ,One fact if the real unemployment number if it was printed anywhere it is in the neighborhood of 18%
you mention gas prices they are still twice what they were when he came into office

how does Mitt have anything to do with what is going on here i see obama in office not mitt so come up with something better than the switch facts game

I haven't really heard that from him. I'm speaking from watching and reading a bunch of different sources of news.

I'm a gun owner. I have multiple Ar-15s and a bubblegum-ton of Pmags. But I just feel like the public tide has turned and the guns themselves are hard to defend as they are pretty pointless. To me they are cool toys that unfortunately can facilitate a lot of murder in a short amount of time in the wrong hands. So they obv come with great responsibility. We all know people run the gamut from total morons to extremely capable but even still accidents happen on top of all that variability. So I think the guns days are numbered with existing guns grandfathered in. Maybe just high cap mags. Also, likely greater restrictions to the secondary market which I support anyway.

I hate to say it but just as much damage if not more could be done with a high powered hunting rifle!!!!!!!! So would you be willing to give those up too???? I would hate to see the carnage if he would have used a shot gun, maybe we should just give those up too. All of those weapons could do just as much in just as short amount of time!!!!!! I for one think the only people that should not be allowed to own weapons of thier choice are felons and those who have mental conditions that would deem them unfit to own one.

how does Mitt have anything to do with what is going on here i see obama in office not mitt so come up with something better than the switch facts game

Um, we recently had an election, last month, remember? The only serious competition to Obama was Romney, remember? There was a lot of debate over who would be better for gun rights. People in this thread are trying to say "see, I told you so" after the horrific shooting in Connecticut, when the fact is Romney would be talking about new gun control laws now just as Obama is, based on Romney's past support for an assault weapon ban. So there really is no point in people saying "I told you so" when their preferred candidate would be doing the same thing right now. It's pointless. And again, I didn't vote for Romney or Obama. Obama was going to win Oregon no matter what, Romney is pro-gun control no matter what he said during the campaign, so I voted for the Libertarian guy.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top