JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thank You and good job handling a bunch of people. You are a good symbol of our rights in this country. Maybe it wasn't the best place to carry but if you want to and you're legal then Im not stopping you from using your rights. (it is Everett after all...

I am a Ranger Assistant for the City of Everett and one of the Cultural Arts ladies was freaking out about you walking around with your handgun in the open. She was all having a hissy fit about how the heck thats legal and what not. My favorite was "we need more regulation".

But anyway if you are on here I thought I'd lend a shout out.

"Maybe it wasn't the best place to carry but if you want to and you're legal then Im not stopping you from using your rights. (it is Everett after all..."

Explain?

Kids and familys everywhere. BUT the city of everett is known for some shady streets and individuals. Actually now that I think about it, carrying on the 4th ANYWHERE is a perfect example to display a part of how we got that freedom to be our own country.

Kids and familys everywhere. BUT the city of everett is known for some shady streets and individuals. Actually now that I think about it, carrying on the 4th ANYWHERE is a perfect example to display a part of how we got that freedom to be our own country.

What? Are you really saying what I think you are? Sounds just like one of the anti-gun people.

I think that the intention of the OP is to say that it isn't common to see open carry in Washington and even more uncommon at large public events. IMO, it has nothing to do with sounding just like one of the anti-gun people. All the OP is doing is making a comment. It is unfortunate that the comment has to be picked apart for the sake of argument.

Kids and familys everywhere.

That's never a concern when a member of the Criminal Element wants to let fly with bullets in a "drive-by" or when someone "disses" them and they open fire in a park (see shooting incident reports from Issaquah State Park last year of so).

A legally carried firearm, open or concealed, does nothing to harm those "Kids and families" and may even make them safer from those that would do them harm.

I think that the intention of the OP is to say that it isn't common to see open carry in Washington and even more uncommon at large public events. IMO, it has nothing to do with sounding just like one of the anti-gun people. All the OP is doing is making a comment. It is unfortunate that the comment has to be picked apart for the sake of argument.

Your right guilty. The OP was just posting for support of another persons right and people on this forum wanna pick it apart. No wonder the anti's target us. We cant even agree on the most trivial things.

Now I wouldn't open carry myself mainly because I just don't want to deal with the uninformed public but I support anybody that chooses to do so.

Wow apparently I can't even give an opinion along with a compliment without it being picked apart. I guess all I mean is that maybe concealed carry would have been a better option? I agree that a good citizen that carries is an asset to the public whether they realize it or not. But if you have the option to go concealed then its just easier on those that are gun scared. BUT that's my opinion and what I would do if carrying. Its up to anyone else to decide for themselves. That's part of having freedom.

If you really think I'm an anti gun person than I wonder why I have a safe full of guns, a reloading setup, member of the NRA, and a supporter of the idea that people should be able to carry on planes...

I agree that a good citizen that carries is an asset to the public whether they realize it or not. But if you have the option to go concealed then its just easier on those that are gun scared.

Just remember that your "Compliment" included an implied "But". First it was "good on him" but "you should consider a different way to carry".

This is a feeling that is often expressed and a good example of what is failing in our system of rights and freedoms. To have someone decide HOW they should go about expressing their rights is totally foreign to the principles behind our Constitution and BOR's.

As long as someone doesn't break the law by threatening, menacing, or intimidating with their firearm let them go about their business. Since when did the mere sight of a firearm "threaten, menace, or intimidate"? Sorry, only those who would have them banned from our society feel threatened.

Carry in the manner YOU feel comfortable with and let the others do likewise. How would you feel if someone knocked on your door and told you that your choice of Lawnmower isn't appropriate? Or that mowing your lawn in a certain manner would be "less intimidating" to your neighbors?

As for the woman who was "freaking out", accept the fact that there will always be people like this, that are "freaked" by just about anything. I get it regularly from people that I park next to at the grocery store. I pull into a parking stall in my pickup and their eyes get huge because they are intimidated by the size of the truck. It's just a full sized, non-jacked up pickup but they're sitting there in a car that they think everyone should be forced to drive, a Prius. And all this freaking out happens long before I get out of the truck and they see my holstered Sig.

Am I an "Open Carry Activist"? No, I am a "Freedom Activist". I go about my business, carrying sometimes concealed, sometimes open, and don't want anyone telling me I can't because it freaks out someone who gets freaked out if they see two dogs smelling each others backsides.

Nicely put. However I want to make clear I never told him he should do it differently. I said:"MAYBE it wasn't the best place" of course this is according to what I would do if I wanted to carry at a parade.

But id like to get this thread back on topic which is giving that guy a shoutout, but it seems he is not involved in this online community.

Carry where they can see it, so you can educate and assure the position that guns do no harm when holstered. I also am a Freedom advocate and carry open most places I go. A couple of weekends ago I carried open in downtown Seattle at the Pride parade. I had no negative experience and no one freaked out either, mostly they just liked my shirt and asked is that legal....
I am standing on Pine facing 4th avenue there are tens of thousands of people around me....

The problem I have with open carry is, well for me anyway, is im young. I feel like if I were to walk around with my Glock or Springfield on my side people are going to take a look at me and make all sorts of assumptions. I know they are just that, assumptions, but they can cause things to be bothersome.. However I feel if I were a bit older, say like my parents age, less people would think twice...

The problem I have with open carry is, well for me anyway, is im young. I feel like if I were to walk around with my Glock or Springfield on my side people are going to take a look at me and make all sorts of assumptions. I know they are just that, assumptions, but they can cause things to be bothersome.. However I feel if I were a bit older, say like my parents age, less people would think twice...

People will always make assumptions. So What!

If you wear your hair all "spiked" does that automatically mean you are "Punk" or a Skateboarder?
If you shave your head does that automatically make you a "Skinhead" and support White Aryan philosophies?
If you wear saggy, baggy, pants doe's that prove you are a Gangster?
How about an earring in the "wrong ear"? Does that mean you're gay?
You like wearing a suit and tie everywhere you go and wear black framed glasses, so are you a "Dork"?
Does a hat on backwards mean you are a stupid redneck?

Just because you are young has no bearing on what people assume. Most will base their assumptions on your demeanor, the manner in which you behave, rather than your appearance. The rest will just make assumptions based on their personal prejudices or ignorance and that will never change. Go about your business carrying your firearm any way you choose and don't worry about others assumptions. Your behavior will be all that matters.

I could flat out care less what people think let alone what sheeple think. They can assume whatever they want and while they are at it they can kiss my....!

The reason I think open carry is stupid is the fact it leaves you at a tactical disadvantage. The delusion that an evil doing will magically reconsider his evil deeds by the sight of an armed citizen is just plain silly. IMO opinion you may as well wear a sign that says "Shoot me in the head first". Open carry is the equivalent to playing poker with your cards face up on the table. Why would you want to show your hand in either case?

Does that mean I think it should be illegal? Absolutely not. It is not a question of legality but rather that of sound tactics.

You need to read the <broken link removed> before you state that it is a delusion that a criminal won't re-think if there is an armed citizen around.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top