JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question for those who could shed some light on a firearm I just acquired. I was given a Beretta EL 950 BS .25 ACP with gold trim and accessories. I've spoke to a couple of arms dealers and they say it could be collectible. I've seen them for auction/ sale for about $ 300 to $500. One sales guy told me I may be able to get $1000 for it. Not sure what to do with this. Go and shoot it and have fun or tuck it away for one of my sons as a gift.

Thats tough. Are your sons into firearms? If so, Id say hold onto it and pass it on to them.

If not, perhaps sell and pick up something YOU want. Can't say I know much about your particular collectible pistol. Sounds cool though, I myself have a CHEAP PT25 I picked up, very boutique pistol.. but its fun to shoot from time to time. Not sure if I could bring myself to ding up a collectible firearm.

Thanks. I guess I need to ask a few more dealers that have more experience and knowledge with firearms than myself. It is currently in really good condition. All the gold is still in good almost great condition.

If not, perhaps sell and pick up something YOU want.
And they might want as well.
Regardless of what it is, gold inlay etc. it's still a .25 ACP.
Personally I'd research it more and see what you might really be able to get for it and maybe turn it around into something maybe a bit more 'practical' - IMHO.

201012A0-6706-429D-A485-494B32CE42B9.jpeg

If no need to hurry, look into the pistol. Learn, then sell if you're so incline.
I would not necessarily take a dealers, knowing.

No hurry, just curious. I've read both pro and con about .25 in general. I wouldn't rely on this as a personal protector. My apprehension about selling right away is it's from my dad. He had/ has no real firearm interest. He acquired it from one of my uncles and would only shoot it when he went out to the desert.

I personally think it's a pretty cool gun. I've seen Jetfire's in various forms but not too many. Of course if I could get $500 plus, there are several guns I would put that towards. I just don't want to degrade it if I'm fact it's a collectible firearm.

It sounds like the gun does not have any particular connection with you and your father.
IF that is the case then moving it along for something else might be the best thing.
I bought a couple of S&Ws from a friend of mine who lost his father a couple years ago and inherited all his guns. While he did have a connection with his father and some of them he did not with the 'Smiths and sold them to me for something he DID want - his first 1911!
IMG_0270_3.jpg

Last Edited:
Collectable LOL any firearm is collectable. I know a guy who has maybe 40 single shot .22's I doubt any one of them is worth more then $300 now and most were bought for $75.00 or less 25 years ago or more.

Gun values are tricky at best.
There is the :
"Book value"...
"Dealer value"...
Internet seller's value...
What it will actually sell for value...

Also what a gun is worth in one part of the country , at a given time , may not be the same in a different part of the country , at the same time...

In my experience a "commemorative" firearm is a tough sell , even when the seller has the box and paperwork with the gun...as you need to not only find a buyer who likes the gun , but also a buyer who likes what the gun "commemorates".

If the pistol in the OP were mine...I'd shoot it ...but that is just me.
Andy

If there is no sentimental value, I would sell it.

It is uglier than home made soap and in a caliber that is as useful as a scuba diving monkey. I agree with Andy, commemorative guns are much harder to sell.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews