JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a kid a fun TV show to watch was The Man from U.N.C.L.E. The guns in it were fascinating as were a whole line of kids toys that were sold by the shows popularity. A few pictures to get you started.

So did you have a favorite action show as a kid?

Loved that show as a kid. Combat was another. Started my love of the 1911 as one of my best remembered Christmas gifts was a toy set from that show. A Thompson, tripod mount 1919, and a 1911 were among the toys. Not long after I got to shoot a 1911 from when you could buy them from the NRA. It had me dreaming of owning a "real one" from that day on :D
I was into adulthood first time I got to actually shoot a Thompson. That too was quite the experience. :D:D:D
I also remember watching the original Batman and Get Smart. Never could understand why my Dad would be laughing so hard at both shows since at the time a lot of the humor was going over my head.

Combat
The Rat Patrol
Baa Baa Black Sheep / Black Sheep Squadron

Were three favorite "Army" / War shows....

The Man from U.N.C.L.E and Mission Impossible were great spy shows....

A bit later...
The Six Million Dollar Man... And Tales From the Gold Monkey were good with action and humor....
Andy

Gunsmoke. But as a kid I preferred the double holster with two shiny, "engraved" six-shooters, more like what Hopalong Cassidy carried. Not too hip with the long barrel and Stag grips Matt Dillon carried, but he's "The Man". These days my wife's gotten hooked on the old episodes of Gunsmoke and I happily watch them with her. I remember Gunsmoke from every Saturday night as a youngster.
Rawhide.
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. ? eh. But they did have gool guns and cars. Mission Impossible? Yup, that one was cool.
Bonanza as a kid, but not as an adult... Even though I have the 54 Corvette that Lorne Green owned new in the shop now, I think he's pretty lame these days. Dan Blocker will always be a stud.
Baa Baa Black Sheep I loved!
Rockford Files. Maverick. James Garner no matter what, oozes cool.
I did watch Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman, but probably couldn't sit thru an episode these days. I loved the impact gun sound when Steve Austin changed lug nuts with his fingers.
It's all Clint's fault that I will never be without a 1911 as long as I live, though. Ever.
Blondie666111.jpg

Loved all those old shows. I had a Man from Uncle lunchbox, pistol and 007 swim fins, so by the mid 60s I was prepared to deal with foreign threats. Also, had pot and stamped metal cap guns as BUs

What? No love for Star Trek and Lost in Space?

Are these "not far enough back"?

Sanford & Son?

Chico and the man?

Welcome back Kotter?

Brady Bunch?

Speed Racer?

Battlestar Galactica?

Buck Rogers (in the 25th Century)?

What about the old TV Game Shows (before they became modern woke suckness)?

Hollywood Squares

Match Game

Price is Right

What's my line?

Wheel of Fortune?

Last Edited:
You guys said most of the shows I watched as a kid and thought they were great around the same time I got to go to my first movie with my friends with out the folks it was called "In Like Flint "from 1967 along the same lines of a spy movie with a bit of 60s flair.

Another one I watched but no toys to speak of was "Prisoner" from 79 to 86 Yes I have strange taste.

Cool thread and shows that have been listed. My brother's favorite in that era was the Man from U.N.C.L.E. The Avengers (not the superhero type) and Prisoner as well. I gave him the complete UNCLE video set and he had most of the Avengers as well, mine now that he passed last year. Thanks for the great memories of this and I'll have to pull them out this year and give them a look.

Other than the many mentioned before, for me there was also Sea Hunt and Kolchak, the Night Stalker.

YEAH....the good ol' days. When kids could actually PLAY with toy guns.

Yup......you don't want to go there.

Huh?

About kids pointing their "toy" guns at the cops.

BUT, But, but......the teacher at school told me that they were the "Racist Bad Guys".

Aloha, Mark

What? No love for Star Trek and Lost in Space?

Are these "not far enough back"?
Lost in Space was weird, but I watched it. Star Trek was ok until it came around as a rerun. Realized I'm not much of a "space" guy. Take into consideration that I've never seen Star Wars and don't know that I'll ever care to. Being that I was a bit of a Queen fan I did see Flash Gordon, but even then I wondered why I spent good money to see it. Oh, yeah! The girlfriend wanted to see it. Y'all know what that meant. :D

The rest of the shows you mentioned, @Stomper were good family entertainment. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top