JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I reload for my bolt action rifles because I like to be able to tailor my loads to my guns plus I can load cheaper than buying factory ammo.

9mm and .45acp are not worth it to me, I can pick up 1k rounds of 9mm for $230 and no way it's worth my time at that.

I bought a dillon 550 set up for .45ACP used back in June. I figured that I would just load that caliber since it is what I shoot most.

And that's how it starts...... and then you can justify the next gun by telling yourself you will save money because you can load for it. Welcome to the madhouse

ain't that the truth...

started with lee loadmaster and got all the shellplates for 5 calibers (.40, .45, .223, 9mm, .44mag)

then realized it was slow (but doable) and went up to the LNL AP with case feeder -- got same plates as the above plus a 308 plate

then found out I need a single stage so got the hornady single stage (ended up with 2 for some crazy reason one of which is NIB till now)

then realized powder throwing stick powder is a PITA so got a chargemaster to dispense that...

then finally bit the bullet and got the Dillon 1050 --- the holy grail of volume reloading...

if you told me on day 1 to just buy the Dillon I would have looked at you funny... if you told me that now, I would call it smart advice -- but back then I didn't know if this was going to be a small hobby or a real major hobby..

it's a slippery slope.. enjoy the ride..

I reload for my bolt action rifles because I like to be able to tailor my loads to my guns plus I can load cheaper than buying factory ammo.

9mm and .45acp are not worth it to me, I can pick up 1k rounds of 9mm for $230 and no way it's worth my time at that.

9mm cost per thousand
delta bullets - 80$
primer - 30$
powder - 20$
case -- free

total 130$ -- 100$ and I can load that in an hour or just a bit over

now let's go to .45acp
delta bullets - 130$
primer - 30$
powder - 20$
case -- free

total 180$ -- almost 200$ savings and I can load that in an hour or just a bit over

so yup.. if you load in bulk, it saves big...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top