Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

To Gunsmith or Sell

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by hawksblue, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Hi guys,

I have a handgun that I'm on the fence about. I like the general size and feel, but I just don't shoot it anywhere close to as well as I do my others. It's less than a year old and I feel that I've put enough rounds through it that I sort of know how I'm going to shoot with it. I know that gunsmithing a weapon can improve it, but I'm just wondering by how much. I have two other handguns that I'm super duper happy with - is it worth the time and cost trying to send this third one to a gunsmith to see if I can get it to a point where I'm shooting as well with it, or should I just sell it at a moderate loss and stick with what I know I'm good with?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I've never sent a weapon to a gunsmith for anything other than a problem before, so I don't really know what the potential is.

2. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

Sell it and move on to something else.

3. 2gr8dgs

2gr8dgs oregon Active Member

I would sell or trade a handgun I didn't shoot well before I spent a dime on it at a 'smith. save your money on gunsmithing for a gun that you inherently shoot well, & maybe want to trick it out a bit. my$.02
    good luck. Mike.

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I imagine it all depends on what the gun was. Some guns are worthy of being money pits, others, not so much...

5. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Some gunsmiths are amazing but none are wizards. Some guns can be improved and some can't. What is it?

6. hawksblue

hawksblue WA New Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to go with my first instinct and sell the piece. Better that someone else who is a better match have it than me.