JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here got a to do list they go by before they start to reload? I remember reading something like that, but I forgot what website it was. All I remember was something like.. dust off the press for powders, check the press for anything loose, lube if needed and so on...

Each person will have somewhat their own "check list". For the equipment, I go through a basic procedure that is somewhat like the setup outlined in the equipment's owner's manual. Of course steps that involve assembly are passed by but those that call for adjustment are used for a check point.

Other check list items for me are sufficient prepared cases, plenty of bullets, primers, and powder. A clean work area to start and storage bins for the finished ammo at hand. Also very important is to identify the loads you just boxed or put in bulk storage. Nothing worse than opening a box of ammo and asking "now what the heck did I do for this batch?"

As for Press maintenance, CLEAN IS GOOD. You should clean up the press immediately after finishing a session. Don't put it off. Lube according to the manufacturers recommendations.

I'm a bit of a "gadgetman" so I have a Press Monitor on my 650. It keeps track of how many rounds I've loaded since the last "Major Maintenance" where allmost all parts are removed, cleaned, checked for wear, lubed, and reassembled. A good log book will suffice as well.

Thank you for the input. I just wanted the basics until I come up with my own procedures. I just wanted to see how other people do things that I could benefit from. I'm going to start reloading soon and I wanna try and do it right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top