JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in the camp where you take the FSB off and safe it away in case you ever want to go back.
As you may know the barrel and FSB are a unique set....they don't interchange.
Then just put a low-pro gas block on and you're done.

i bought a few Colt LE6920s prior to the election. They arent worth hardly anything now on the market. I was thinking of having the FSB cut off to retrofit it with a free floating handguard. I'm wondering if this might be premature. What thinks you all?

WTF is WRONG with you?! You leave the Prancing Pony ALONE, you unrefined savage!

You'd do better to pick up another barrel and free-float/low-pro kit and just swap it back and forth.... c'mon man, THINK!!

o_O:rolleyes:

;)

i bought a few Colt LE6920s prior to the election. They arent worth hardly anything now on the market. I was thinking of having the FSB cut off to retrofit it with a free floating handguard. I'm wondering if this might be premature. What thinks you all?

I'd just buy a FF handguard, a low pro GB & tube, pull off the FSB & swap out the barrel nut. Easy peasy & put the stock parts away until 2024.... your sure to sell it (even used) for 3K.....:p

Let's break this down so mr. Stomper can understand it. Let's say you have two new AR rifles you bought 4 the election, the election didn't go the way you thought it was but you're glad it did go the way it did. So now you're stuck with two guns that you want to shoot. So here we are back at the beginning of the conversation that mister no regerts started... :D
But I am wondering why Mister no regerts doesn't have a rifle already that he can go out and shoot with or is it just that the cookies in the cabinet are just too tempting. The saga continues.....:eek:

It's a rifle, and contrary to popular misconception it is NOT the best by which all others should be judged. Chop that thing and move on. If Colt was THAT good why are they bankrupt? :rolleyes:

I'd GTW with ANY of my AR's, and they are all "lousy" homebrews. :rolleyes:

Good lord guys, they didn't even invent it, they had the cash to buy the prints. Is their aluminum and steel so much better? Nope!

Unless you're building a true clone, and even then it's questionable, having the Colt stamp ain't that cool anymore.

Let's break this down so mr. Stomper can understand it. Let's say you have two new AR rifles you bought 4 the election, the election didn't go the way you thought it was but you're glad it did go the way it did. So now you're stuck with two guns that you want to shoot. So here we are back at the beginning of the conversation that mister no regerts started... :D
But I am wondering why Mister no regerts doesn't have a rifle already that he can go out and shoot with or is it just that the cookies in the cabinet are just too tempting. The saga continues.....:eek:

Oh, I got lots to shoot with. I've been predator hunting for the last 10 years and am just now contemplating using a semi-auto. I thought of converting an AR into a light west-side calling rifle and use my bolt gun for the east side.

Good lord guys, they didn't even invent it, they had the cash to buy the prints. Is their aluminum and steel so much better? Nope!

Unless you're building a true clone, and even then it's questionable, having the Colt stamp ain't that cool anymore.

Its not so much that they are colts, its more that factory rifles tend to get more return than franken rifles. But with the current market right now, I'm not even sure I could sell it.

WELL I was meaning an EBR there pardner.

I got some of those!
IMG_0085.JPG

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class