JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen new 6920's going for $750. But even still, I say don't touch it. The glut of firearms in the market will eventually get sponged up and prices will rise.

Re: Colt, the M4 feed ramp cuts, the 4150 vanadium bbl, the heavy buffer spring, the way the gas key is staked, and the quality of the finish process on the metal is well above average for garden variety/off the rack AR's. You can certainly match this yourself in a custom build, no doubt about it. But suggesting Colt rifles are overpriced marketing hype is simply not accurate. I haven't built many AR's, but I can tell from 12 years in manufacturing how something was made just by looking at it.

In this life I've found it's usually true that you get what you pay for. YMMV.

I am actually in a similar boat. Bought an LE6920 because I also feared the results of the election. Didn't buy it because it was a Colt (although I love Colts), but because it was literally the only AR I could find pre-November 2016.

Once the election was over, the AR I actually wanted (from PSA) finally had availability for uppers and lowers (non blems too). I ended up buying 2 ARs from PSA and they both run great. The LE6920 sits in the safe in its original box. Never shot it. Will keep it there until I can sell it for something close to what I paid for it. So happy with both PSA ARs, there is no reason to shoot the Colt.

TBH, I don't get the love for Colt that so many have. I mean hey, if it's a Peacemaker, I'm in. But my dad had a Series 80 that was a jam-o-matic, even after several trips back to Colt. They sell an AR-15 in .22lr, but it's made by Walther and branded Colt. :confused: And not the best dedicated .22lr AR by far! Yeah, they make a fine AR. But really they don't make a lot of other firearms. Some 1911 variants, a few revolvers and AR's. No shotguns, no bolt guns, no bullpups.

Yes, I know they are one of the oldest firearm manufacturers out there. Yes, they have had government contracts (so have others). So what gives?

TBH, I don't get the love for Colt that so many have. I mean hey, if it's a Peacemaker, I'm in. But my dad had a Series 80 that was a jam-o-matic, even after several trips back to Colt. They sell an AR-15 in .22lr, but it's made by Walther and branded Colt. :confused: And not the best dedicated .22lr AR by far! Yeah, they make a fine AR. But really they don't make a lot of other firearms. Some 1911 variants, a few revolvers and AR's. No shotguns, no bolt guns, no bullpups.

Yes, I know they are one of the oldest firearm manufacturers out there. Yes, they have had government contracts (so have others). So what gives?

Well, I have a 1911 National Match from Colt and prior to that I had at 70 Series Gold Cup National Match. Both were nail drivers. The fit/finish on them were spectacular. I know Colt has had its ups and downs over the past 40 years, and as I said, the LE 6920 wasn't my first choice, but it was the only choice I could find and with the election looming and Hillary the most likely winner, I figured it was a "now or never" decision.

Obviously she didn't win and AR prices cratered. I can live with that. Especially since I have 2 wonderful ARs and a spare :)

I just figured, at the time, that a Colt would be worth more than any other non-custom AR down the road.

I bet he likes spankings....:p:p:p

Here's the safe word...

IMG_0185.JPG

Used to have shotguns, never had a bullpup, and they do/used to have bolt actions. But... Colt really isn't good with marketing. So you'd only hear of their ARs, and 1911s, and their old revolvers.

Also, 70 series>80 series. :rolleyes:

Well, Kruejl. We have just spent three hours 'splainin' it to you in a way of loving friendship! So what gives?

If I heard anything more than perception that Colt is somehow better I would concede here. I had a Kimber Custom Elite II (back when they were in Oregon and good) that had an incredible fit and finish. I can't find any shotguns or bolt guns in their current inventory nor for the life of me can I remember seeing any of them. Not saying it didn't happen, but uncommon. They are known for 1911's, revolvers and AR's. Seriously nothing wrong with that at all. I've never manufactured anything known for ANYTHING. But.....what makes their guns so bowed down to over Smith or any other long time well known manufacturer? :)

And thanks for the love Sarge, right back at you my friend! I still want to shake your hand, Sir!

If I heard anything more than perception that Colt is somehow better I would concede here. I had a Kimber Custom Elite II (back when they were in Oregon and good) that had an incredible fit and finish. I can't find any shotguns or bolt guns in their current inventory nor for the life of me can I remember seeing any of them. Not saying it didn't happen, but uncommon. They are known for 1911's, revolvers and AR's. Seriously nothing wrong with that at all. I've never manufactured anything known for ANYTHING. But.....what makes their guns so bowed down to over Smith or any other long time well known manufacturer? :)

And thanks for the love Sarge, right back at you my friend! I still want to shake your hand, Sir!

Colt may not have manufactured bolt guns but I know they put their name on some. There were some Sauer rifles that became Colt/Sauer. They were kinda gaudy. Colt also bought Ultralight Arms from Melvin Forbes and rebranded the rifles Colt Light Rifles. As Colt began to fail, Melvin bought back the rights and renamed his business New Ultralight Arms.

I vote to cut the FSB. Colt's factory guns like the OEM-2 and the 6960 are just cut down FSB's. If you have a couple of them (6920's), I'd cut one down and put whatever you want on it. Putting another lo-pro block on will never be as strong unless you have it pinned, then you will be drilling another slot into the barrel defeating the purpose of going that route to return to OEM.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top