JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh, forgot to address the question in this new, and "improved" thread.... :D

If you are carrying a semi-automatic handgun for personal protection, my opinion is that you are a living in a special place if you assume that you will always be able to rack the slide when you need your gun. Add to that the time needed to draw the gun....

Whoever mentioned carrying a DA revolver if you're unsure about carrying a semi auto with a round chambered gave some good advice.

I've not carried a revolver concealed for decades (and no, Taku I ain't 80!). I do remember not being completely comfortable carrying a 1911 cocked and locked, so I used thumb break holsters. (the strap goes between hammer and frame) It didn't take long to learn that wasn't needed for daily carry.

Carrying an auto without a round chambered is akin to having a spare tire with no air.

Just teasing you a bit. Sounded like the wife had just given you a honey-DO list before you responded
:s0114:

You will not have time to fiddle with the weapon when the "SHTF" YOU need to able to draw and go to work.

The real danger is, when you realize your life is in danger, you very well may forget to charge the thing and address the threat, and NOTHING HAPPENS.

At the point in time it's way too late to do anything, and you are very likely SOL at this point.

I can't say how many folks here have ever had some puke upon the business end of their weapon, but I have had several times, 4 in recent years.

Not a situation I want to repeat any time soon either.

Every time it's happened, time was of the essence !!!

My personal feeling is simple, if you do not feel you are capable of carrying HOT safely, leave it home and pray you never need it.

Your carry gear should allow you to walk, run, fall down or do any other gyrations, and your weapon should ride snug as a bug in a rug and you not have to worry about it discharging.

Rig needs to cover the trigger guard completely and maintain the weapons retention until you decide to pull it out and use it.

It also needs to be so comfortable that you don't even know it's there.

If it is not comfy, you will leave it home as soon as the newness wears off.

I have worn out 3 Bull dog pouches in the past 3 years carrying my Taurus 738
(Very nearly identical to the Ruger LCP)

The pouches have the corners worn through from the outside in and the flap retainer magnetic closures had fallen off one side.

The blue is worn off the little pistol from wiggling in the heavy nylon fabric.

The second pouch saw the belt loop come off after about a year of daily hard use.

Yup, very comfy.

Keep yer powder dry

Snowy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR