JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm actually looking for an Izhmash AK74 that use the .223 remington ammo.
Here the thing: http://espfrance.kalanda.info/images/IMG_1250.jpg

The main problem is I choose .223 for practical and economic reasons but I was told that the AK in .223 are crap because they're not reliable and safe due to the occidental ammo in an russian stuff.
Is it true? Or can i count on it reliability, whatever I put in?

Another point is that I usually practice on targets (human size figure) at 200 meters (218 yards) and below. Can i count on it to be enough accurate (speaking of the weapon capacity, not the sight)?

Thanks for your advices.

Bonjour :)!

"Not reliable and safe because of Occidental ammo in Russian stuff"...??? Saigas are built to reliably shoot everything and anything from 7.62NATO (.308) to 5.56x45 (.223), 7.62x39 to 5.45x39, 20 gauge through 12 gauge shotgun shells. As long as you are shooting quality ammunition that the rifle in question is designed for, it will work, and work well. Its Russian! Just look up some random Saiga .223 Youtube videos. These things work. (You'll notice that some of ours here in the US look more like regular rifles than AKs. That's cosmetic. Except for the location of the trigger and the stock style, they're 99% identical.)

A human sized figure at 200 meters is a poor target to practice marksmanship with. A 20 cm circle at 180 meters is just about 4 MOA (minutes of angle). It is a good goal to get all of your shots within that 20cm target using open sights. That is quite attainable with an AK74 and good shooting form. Once you get that, move that man sized target of yours out to 450 meters and you'll be just right :) .

Buy it. You will love it :s0155: .

Bonne chance.

Keith (Here's MY 'AK74' in 12 gauge Saiga 12 Shogtun IZ 109 ,Red Jacket Firearms , Tromix , Atlantic Firearms.com :cool: )

Thanks for the response about ammunition, it reassures me. I was afraid that it finish like this: YouTube - AK-47 explode (look the AK, I don't care of the guy...).

Other comment are welcome since i got the authorization to buy it. French laws are very hard against firearms :/

They are well made and very reliable in any caliber. Buy one with confidence.
It is possible that the kaboom on the youtube video was the result of a "squib load", that is an underpowered cartridge where the bullet became lodged in the barrel followed by a another round.

All the best,
tbt

Thanks for the response about ammunition, it reassures me. I was afraid that it finish like this: YouTube - AK-47 explode (look the AK, I don't care of the guy...).

Other comment are welcome since i got the authorization to buy it. French laws are very hard against firearms :/

Oh yeah...that video :s0112: . Although nobody seems to know for sure, my guess is that is a 'Khyber Pass' rifle, made with inferior homemade parts including wood nails to hold the rifle together instead of proper hardened pins. That is not a typical AK type rifle.

Keith

It's half-true but it's quite complicated over-there...

I choose the AK .223 because i'm practicing with some AR-15 and M4 guys so it's easily for us if we deal with one caliber.

Plus, we're more familiar with the .223 / 5.56 caliber because of the FAMAS we use :s0155:.

I hope it explain alot of things to you.