JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a Blackhawk with the paddle as well. It is very secure but I found the belt slide just as secure with a heavy duty belt. The paddle is quick to take on and off and I can use my normal belt without it sagging.

STOP! Use the paddle. Damn it feels SOOO much better. The belt loop just didn't secure it well enough. Now it's tighter to the body and doesn't flop outwards anymore.

Care to give the specifics of the rig you're using? I'm looking into the Serpa and a couple of others and am interested in anyone's prior experience. :s0155:

At the time it was a 1911 in a Serpa. Carried at 3 o'clock, straight up. With the Serpa, you can adjust cant quite a bit.

In the end, I switched to a different gun and system. The Serpa just stuck out too much, and the 1911 was too heavy, couldn't keep my pants from drooping on the carry side.

Now I use a Berreta PX4 in a Don Hume "open top" leather OWB holster, at about 4 o'clock. It has a I think 15 degree cant to it. This works MUCH better for me. I can't say enough good things about the Don Hume "open top."

At the time it was a 1911 in a Serpa. Carried at 3 o'clock, straight up. With the Serpa, you can adjust cant quite a bit.

In the end, I switched to a different gun and system. The Serpa just stuck out too much, and the 1911 was too heavy, couldn't keep my pants from drooping on the carry side.

Now I use a Berreta PX4 in a Don Hume "open top" leather OWB holster, at about 4 o'clock. It has a I think 15 degree cant to it. This works MUCH better for me. I can't say enough good things about the Don Hume "open top."

Was the switch AFTER the adding the paddle to the Serpa or before? Sounds like the paddle cured? the "flop-out" problems you mentioned with the belt loops but I don't want to assume.

Zero, what belt flop are you referring too? Do you have a 1.5" or 1.75 double thick belt? A good wide thick belt is critical to your system assuming you do not have one.

Also run the two belt loops in between the belt loop on your pants to prevent it from moving back and forth.

DAno

Zero, what belt flop are you referring too? Do you have a 1.5" or 1.75 double thick belt? A good wide thick belt is critical to your system assuming you do not have one.

Also run the two belt loops in between the belt loop on your pants to prevent it from moving back and forth.

DAno

I was referring to the OP's comments about "flop" in post #1. And yeah, I definitely need to get a much better belt. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top