JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't understand what I'm hearing in regards to things that should or should not be done by a lame duck session. The argument this morning being that a justice appointment is too important to be confirmed after the election, especially IF senate were to flip and/ or Biden won.

So is a lame duck Congress neutered? Are they no longer elected officials serving a term? Who decides what things are "too important" and must be delayed? If some things should not be done during that time, then I'd argue nothing should be done no matter how minor it might be and we should change the swearing in of new members to the day after the election.
I understand your consternation. We stopped having a representative government when LBJ was elected. All these politicians today are simply looking out for themselves. Consider how little meaningful legislation is done. How many days are they actually "working?" I think that they need to immediately consider the candidate that the president offers up. No more of this nonsense of trying to meet the loyal opposition halfway. No, it's time to take the gloves off and stand up for Americans and our Constitution and our rights therein.

He is an ant-gunner of the first order. Remember it was his wife "Gabby" Gifford that was wounded so severely in an attack on her because of her anti gun position. He is also trading on his NASA credentials as an astronaut too. I like to remind people that before he went into space, they sent dogs and monkeys. He is a totally unqualified candidate. No experience and no understanding of the complexities of the office he is seeking. Just another creep looking for a big payday.

I'd say we respond with, 'OK' .....

Oh, and BTW - who in the HeII are the 'Blue checks' ? - This is the first I have heard of them.
When Twitter deems someone as authentic and willing to push Twitter's agenda, they get a blue check mark on their profile. This signals to people without the mental capacity to think for themselves to know it's the real person and tells the rest of us that their opinion is useless

I just picked a random has-been. On the app, which I deleted, the white checks are blue
D799B751-1DF9-4079-8BB7-CEBF545DAA5B.jpeg

When Twitter deems someone as authentic and willing to push Twitter's agenda, they get a blue check mark on their profile. This signals to people without the mental capacity to think for themselves to know it's the real person and tells the rest of us that their opinion is useless

I just picked a random has-been. On the app, which I deleted, the white checks are blue
View attachment 752083
Why wasn't I informed earlier? This information is critical to the formation of my policies with regard to being informed at all times! I'm appalled that this information was withheld (probably criminally) by those who oppose me!

Why wasn't I informed earlier? This information is critical to the formation of my policies with regard to being informed at all times! I'm appalled that this information was withheld (probably criminally) by those who oppose me!
They mailed this information to you, given the unflappable security and timeliness of the US mail

I understand your point, but I have no interest in plowing that field. I'm speaking broadly, just as those of other races call all Caucasians "white." We generally refer to Negros as "Black" or "African American." It would be a pointless exercise in futility to try to determine what each individual wants to be called, with regard to race or ethnicity. Anthropologists made the determination a very long time ago that there are but three races and they labeled them Negro, Oriental and Caucasians. There are ethnic cultures inside of each of this races. I also understand that some members of each race object (some strenuously) to the labels attached to their race or ethnicity. Again, I don't want to go there. If a man wants to be called by a particular title, then it is incumbent on him to let me know what he would like to be referred to and then he must keep me apprised of any changes. It's on him, not me. I am always happy to comply, especially if they are friends or people that I'm in regular contact with. Hence we do have Italian Americans, Norwegian Americans, etc. However, I don't see any rioting going on in the Caucasian communities concerning anger over labels and titles. So for me, it's Hispanics, Latinos or Latinas until someone tells me they want to be called something else.
I identify racially as a MH-60K BlackHawk Super Night Stalker, and henseforth wish to be referred as such when ever the issue of race comes up! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top