JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But reports are that she is not on his list of considerations?
She's one of 4 or 5 women on US District Courts of Appeals. She's a Notre Dame law school professor. She's been near the top of every list in the recent past. She is a female. She's a textualist, and a protege of Scalia. If it's anyone else (especially a male) the confirmation becomes more difficult. It will be her.

I must admit, when the news came through my phone I was sitting on the back porch. I started trembling and ran inside the house to SCREAM!

In joy!!!

I admit that was not my most classy reaction to someone's death, but she has voted against Life and against 2A every moment of her tenure.

I love drama.
RGB will kick it in 2020.
Democrats will expect the 'McConnell Rule' to apply, no SCOTUS appts. during a presidential year.
McConnell will say suckit, the rules have changed and approve a 3rd justice for Trump. Anit-gunner types will set themselves on fire.
Nailed it.gif

ETA: Sorry, @uberguy, I didn't see this until after I made the post above. Just wanted to make sure you got credit! ;)

Last Edited:
I must admit, when the news came through my phone I was sitting on the back porch. I started trembling and ran inside the house to SCREAM!

In joy!!!

I admit that was not my most classy reaction to someone's death, but she has voted against Life and against 2A every moment of her tenure.
Glad I'm not the only one who celebrated. My 22 year old daughter took the news pretty hard, told me I shouldn't be celebrating her death... Told her I wasn't, I was celebrating her life, and it's poetic end...

:s0093:

Glad I'm not the only one who celebrated. My 22 year old daughter took the news pretty hard, told me I shouldn't be celebrating her death... Told her I wasn't, I was celebrating her life, and it's poetic end...

:s0093:
Yeah my wife gave me some evil looks when I said "good, the bubblegum is dead" when I was watching the news. She'll get over it... or not... not really my problem.

She's one of 4 or 5 women on US District Courts of Appeals. She's a Notre Dame law school professor. She's been near the top of every list in the recent past. She is a female. She's a textualist, and a protege of Scalia. If it's anyone else (especially a male) the confirmation becomes more difficult. It will be her.
I could only hope so, but from what I am reading she is not on the list of choices Trump is considering. I have no clue why, because everything you said and I have read about her would make her sound like one of the most viable options.

From what I've read, she is on the updated list. News here.

I've also seen it referenced that she has at least one ruling that could be considered pro-2A; Kanter v. Barr. I haven't had a chance to read it, but it can be viewed here.

Cheers. :)
That is good to hear.. I will check it out... I do hope he picks a female this time around myself who is truly supportive of the 2nd Amendment and not another lip service gun rights activist who will end up capitulating and siding with "Anti-Gunners" such as we see with people like John Roberts.

Yeah my wife gave me some evil looks when I said "good, the bubblegum is dead" when I was watching the news. She'll get over it... or not... not really my problem.
Just like my comments under my breath when my wife was in the room - she will make it your problem one way or another. Probably still worth it though.

I wasn't quite as brass as you, but the sentiment was there. I would have preferred that she just bowed out years ago.

OTOH, Murky is ONLY there because McConnell buys her seat with NRSC money. If she crosses him, she immediately becomes the next FORMER senator from Alaska... and she likes her perks and graft too much to not do as she's told when push meets shove. If she votes no, it'll be because Cocaine Mitch has his 50-plus-Pence and LETS her. She's his bi+ch, she knows it, he knows it and they only pretend otherwise in a show for the kiddies and rubes back home.

OTOH, Murky is ONLY there because McConnell buys her seat with NRSC money. If she crosses him, she immediately becomes the next FORMER senator from Alaska... and she likes her perks and graft too much to not do as she's told when push meets shove. If she votes no, it'll be because Cocaine Mitch has his 50-plus-Pence and LETS her. She's his bi+ch, she knows it, he knows it and they only pretend otherwise in a show for the kiddies and rubes back home.

Agreed. She is simply signalling that she wants something before she will vote.

Collins and Murkowski, the two PINOs ("Pro-Gunners" in Name Only) who more or less serve most of the demands of the "Anti-Gunners" in our government. Not shocking.. Hopefully, they will be voted out by rational voters when the time comes for them to reap the rewards of their acts.

Putting an "Anti-Gunner" Supreme Court justice in our government and losing a "Pro-Gunner" government like Trump administration will be a double whammy. Let the "Anti-Gunners" do all their political acrobatics to try to rewrite our Constitution and re-organize our government. I am sure they would be just as happy to abolish the Supreme Court if the judgments didn't sway their way, anyhow. They are trying to abolish the Bill of Rights, so can you really hold this past them?

In joy!!!

I also was praying she would croak (or at least step-down from the SC) sooner than later. She did a lot of good, but even more bad.. That doesn't make her a hero in my book.. She also died on a very special holiday to me, which I won't discuss here. Me and Ginsburg come from the same background... Let's just say , to me her death was almost prophetic being it was on this very special holiday (in our culture that is September 18th, 2020, it is our New Year).

Last Edited:
Just like my comments under my breath when my wife was in the room - she will make it your problem one way or another. Probably still worth it though.

I wasn't quite as brass as you, but the sentiment was there. I would have preferred that she just bowed out years ago.

You dont survive being my wife for 23 years without some pretty thick skin.

We , as white devils, tend to refer to anyone south of the border as Hispanic. They don't . They have strong national and regional identities and vastly different cultures many times.
I understand your point, but I have no interest in plowing that field. I'm speaking broadly, just as those of other races call all Caucasians "white." We generally refer to Negros as "Black" or "African American." It would be a pointless exercise in futility to try to determine what each individual wants to be called, with regard to race or ethnicity. Anthropologists made the determination a very long time ago that there are but three races and they labeled them Negro, Oriental and Caucasians. There are ethnic cultures inside of each of this races. I also understand that some members of each race object (some strenuously) to the labels attached to their race or ethnicity. Again, I don't want to go there. If a man wants to be called by a particular title, then it is incumbent on him to let me know what he would like to be referred to and then he must keep me apprised of any changes. It's on him, not me. I am always happy to comply, especially if they are friends or people that I'm in regular contact with. Hence we do have Italian Americans, Norwegian Americans, etc. However, I don't see any rioting going on in the Caucasian communities concerning anger over labels and titles. So for me, it's Hispanics, Latinos or Latinas until someone tells me they want to be called something else.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top