JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's pray McConnell doesn't give in and gets that seat filled ASAP.. I just fear if the Pro-Gunners capitulate to the Anti-Gunners , that the ANti-Gunners will not only put an Anti-Gunner Supreme Court justice in to replace Ginsburg, but also will try to add more justices to the court and pick even more Anti-Gunners to sway things in their favor. Anti-Gunners don't play fair.

I would say more , but afraid I may offend some sensibilities of some people on the forum..

I hope that Trump and McConnell can pull it off.
I vote for Ted Cruz. The Supreme Court would benefit from having a wise Latino man on the bench.
I know the Constitution and the Second Amendment would.

I hope that Trump and McConnell can pull it off.
I vote for Ted Cruz. The Supreme Court would benefit from having a wise Latino man on the bench.
I know the Constitution and the Second Amendment would.
But then we would lose him as a presidential candidate and he would very likely be the next choice to follow Trump in 2024. Also, his background is so political, being a Senator and all that I kind of feel he would be out of place. Not denying he would be a great Justice for us to have, but he is also a valuable Senator, potentially a much better Governor candidate (then Abbott) and has a rea potential for being a future President of the USA.

According to my sources, she would be epically Hispanic because of Puerto Rico's proximity to Hispaniola. Perhaps Latina would be more accurate? See, that's the problem with labels. I still don't know what people of color prefer because it's not universal amongst them.

We , as white devils, tend to refer to anyone south of the border as Hispanic. They don't . They have strong national and regional identities and vastly different cultures many times.

From Feb 2019
I love drama.
RGB will kick it in 2020.
Democrats will expect the 'McConnell Rule' to apply, no SCOTUS appts. during a presidential year.
McConnell will say suckit, the rules have changed and approve a 3rd justice for Trump. Anit-gunner types will set themselves on fire.

Did I nail it or what?

We , as white devils, tend to refer to anyone south of the border as Hispanic. They don't . They have strong national and regional identities and vastly different cultures many times.

They SURE DO, and you'd be stunned at how virulently "racist" they are towards one another, too! I brought my first wife back from Honduras (I was deployed in the region way back when). "This nationality looked down on that nationality", "this group's food (and women) were FAR superior to that group's", "this tribe looked down on that tribe", "this village/town/city looked down on that village/town/city"......

..... generally, people suck everywhere you go. :rolleyes:

Mexicans do the Pinata . She's Puerto Rican.

So they fill their pinatas rum

Kinda of like asking a guy from Idaho if he's Californian?

-E-

How will 8 person court impact 2A cases being handled by the SCOTUS?

Edit: My understanding is that tie votes by the SCOTUS result in lower court cases being upheld. Seems like a good deal for a 2A case like the CA mag ban but not for the other cases where we are on the losing end of a lower court decision.

They sure don't waste time getting people all whipped up, do they?

9E6EF45D-A75E-42F0-AA25-8C6E87E71101.jpeg E3FC65BD-60E3-45E9-AF64-8E4D2D48C8A9.jpeg

I don't understand what I'm hearing in regards to things that should or should not be done by a lame duck session. The argument this morning being that a justice appointment is too important to be confirmed after the election, especially IF senate were to flip and/ or Biden won.

So is a lame duck Congress neutered? Are they no longer elected officials serving a term? Who decides what things are "too important" and must be delayed? If some things should not be done during that time, then I'd argue nothing should be done no matter how minor it might be and we should change the swearing in of new members to the day after the election.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the definition of a Lame Duck is not accurate just yet, and possibly not at all.

Trump is still president, and if Biden were to win in November, THEN Trump is a Lame Duck. We are not there yet.

To quote the wicked witch of the Northeast...

"That's their job," she said. "There's nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year."
Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Supreme Court nominations.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top