JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I respected her as she fought for what she believed in and championed women's rights. RIP.
However the problem with many judges, from both sides of the aisle, they let there personal politics sway their rulings. This is wrong, their duty is to enforce the constitution and existing laws, regardless of their personal beliefs.

That said, I hope there is enough time for a new justice to be confirmed. You all are correct, there will be a lot of screaming and hair pulling over this one. I just hope that the nominee is clean and respected enough that all of the Senate will confirm. There were a few holdouts on Kavanaugh, and there is not time for a redo.

I really hate to wish bad on anyone, especially considering the good she did on the SC. She should have stepped down long ago and enjoyed the last of her life and allowed new blood in the SC. I even hate joking about her death considering how many battles that she fought to stay alive, but again - she shoud have stepped down when she had the chance during a democratic controlled Senate with Obama's first term.

But here we are with maybe the best and most timely for a Conservative controlled SC. If Biden wins, our only hope for putting a damper on gun-control is the SC.

There has to be a black conservative female judge who believes in the Constitution and supports the 2nd Amendment somewhere. The Dems would have a hard time dissing her. ;)

With all due respect to the dead ... that said, now the mud can be flung.

Unfortunately despite any amount of good having been done during a career, it would benefit all if individuals could and would realize the proper time to bring it to an end and retire gracefully. In the last stages of her career, RBG became a political tool of others who have no scruples. You really do have to wonder if she was a marionette with others pulling the strings.

Somebody else said it above, more stuff thrown into the election game. What more excite can we expect for year 2020?

Mitch will have a job on his hands.

RIP
She served ardently and conscientiously. Thank you for your service.
Personally I wish she had rung the bell sooner.

Watch the stall tactics begin, and the fight to replace her will be a comedic horror show.
Hopefully the next nominee will be someone like Scalia in brilliance and ideology.
Are there any ultra-conservative, female minorities out there on the circuit benches?

RIP

Watch the stall tactics begin, and the fight to replace her will be a comedic horror show.
Hopefully the next nominee will be someone like Scalia in brilliance and ideology.
Are there any ultra-conservative, female minorities out there on the circuit benches?

I bet Senate Democrats are kicking themselves for doing away with the fillabuster.

I respected her as she fought for what she believed in and championed women's rights. RIP.
However the problem with many judges, from both sides of the aisle, they let there personal politics sway their rulings. This is wrong, their duty is to enforce the constitution and existing laws, regardless of their personal beliefs.

That said, I hope there is enough time for a new justice to be confirmed. You all are correct, there will be a lot of screaming and hair pulling over this one. I just hope that the nominee is clean and respected enough that all of the Senate will confirm. There were a few holdouts on Kavanaugh, and there is not time for a redo.

It wouldn't matter if it was bubbleguming Jesus nominated there would still be pushback from the left not wanting Trump being able to nominate one. Guaranteed there would be witnesses to step forward from the past saying that something terrible happened to them from that person. Cough, Kavanaugh and that total sham of his accuser.

I heard on NewsNation tonight that Trump had a short list of candidates ready months ago. I think that it was not a well kept secret that RBG was on her last legs.

For those not familiar with NewsNation (WGN), it is a news program that is supposed to be non-partisan. I have not watched it enough to determine its leaning.

Disagree or not with her interpretation of constitutional law where the 2A is concerned, many things she championed over the years were worthy examples of trying to make the law apply to everyone equally.

In addition, I can only hope that justices seen as being on 'our side' of 2A issues have the intestinal fortitude going forward to buck the system like she did. I believe that if 'conservative' justices were fighters like RBG was, many of the issues facing us today regarding the 2A would not be seen as partisan issues, but as rights established for all Americans and off limits to meddling by politicians on both sides of the aisle.

RIP

I would also like the thank the Devil for his ardent service to humanity and the heavens and providing all that yin for the yang, and also for instigating the killing off of so many good people so the world hasn't been overrun with happiness and good will.... because good is boring, and dumb.

:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
In his day, Jesus was both a heretic and an extreme rebel.

I get your point but it's irrelevant to mine. In a society of liars, those who speak the truth become outlaws. When we've got marxists in our own government openly claiming to desire marxism here, and people in our own country openly claiming to want to dismantle our country, the line between good evil, and friend and foe, is very wavy. I can't say, "we're both American, we're on the same team!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top