JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeesh, now I feel bad for having bought one of the 9mm carbines and having supported this business. The carbine, by the way, was utter garbage and probably the worst PCC available today.

I feel bad I supported the guy too. All 3 of mine work great so got lucky there. I make sure I tell anyone who likes mine to NOT buy one from this clown now. Thankfully there is a ton of great PCC's to choose from now.

Friend emailed me this for a good laugh today.

http://tnwfirearmssucks.com/

WOW! Makes the rather minor trouble I had seem like nothing. Also makes me wonder if I just got super lucky that all 3 of mine seem to work great? I did use Blue thread locker on parts I thought may come loose. It does seem amazing that this guy is able to stay in business acting like this.

WOW. Reading this... it sure amazes me that a company that made "sexy" PCCs would end up being this awful....and yet.... can you say the same for Hi Point's carbines? Handguns, I can grant you that their handguns still leave much to be desired, but their carbines just work, and has been in the same Ohio shop since the very beginning of the Hi Point carbines... (1995).

It looks like there indeed is a market for a better looking, better working, functional semiauto PCC in 10mm and .357 sig and similar boutique calibers, US made, with excellent customer service, and priced reasonably.

I mean....

looks and weight aside, Hi Point has this lifetime warranty that they actually stand behind, and there was that one guy whose 995 was in a house fire a couple years ago...they still replaced it on warranty for him :eek:
They're also far more reliable than their handgun line, of course there's always a few lemons, but when production is in the thousands per year for the last 20 years + with pretty much the same parts other than updated details (LRBHO, stocks, magazines)... gotta admit, they know what sells.

They also came out with a 10mm carbine in the last year or so, which is apparently a huge seller for its price point.
Now that High Tower Armory is making Bullpup stocks for the Hi Point carbines....in addition to the ATI CX clone stock....it's a good time to be around, especially with more PCC options on the market ( I want an older PC9, or the new one if someone would make a mag well adapter for the old P series mags :p )

I had heard several years ago that TNW was one to stay away from. That their guns just were not that good. Looks nice, considered them but that little elf (the good one) on my shoulder just kept telling me to turn away!

WOW. Reading this... it sure amazes me that a company that made "sexy" PCCs would end up being this awful....and yet.... can you say the same for Hi Point's carbines? Handguns, I can grant you that their handguns still leave much to be desired, but their carbines just work, and has been in the same Ohio shop since the very beginning of the Hi Point carbines... (1995).

It looks like there indeed is a market for a better looking, better working, functional semiauto PCC in 10mm and .357 sig and similar boutique calibers, US made, with excellent customer service, and priced reasonably.

I mean....

looks and weight aside, Hi Point has this lifetime warranty that they actually stand behind, and there was that one guy whose 995 was in a house fire a couple years ago...they still replaced it on warranty for him :eek:
They're also far more reliable than their handgun line, of course there's always a few lemons, but when production is in the thousands per year for the last 20 years + with pretty much the same parts other than updated details (LRBHO, stocks, magazines)... gotta admit, they know what sells.

They also came out with a 10mm carbine in the last year or so, which is apparently a huge seller for its price point.
Now that High Tower Armory is making Bullpup stocks for the Hi Point carbines....in addition to the ATI CX clone stock....it's a good time to be around, especially with more PCC options on the market ( I want an older PC9, or the new one if someone would make a mag well adapter for the old P series mags :p )

High Point has been impressive to say the least. When they hit the carbine was around $150, looked a lot like the rifles from the Original Planet Of The Apes movie. At the price I assumed they had to be garbage and never even looked at one. I have been BIG on PCC's all my life. After I already had a few I got to try a couple High Points. I was shocked they worked, and worked well. Almost bought one a few times at the $150 price just for the hell of it. Only down side was the damn mags being proprietary. Soon after market was making much nicer stocks so the company just started using much nicer stocks. From all I have read the warranty is as good as they get, so good on them.
The PCC market has really blown up last few years. How TNW stay's in business shows they must crank out a lot of working ones too but this piss poor treatment will catch up to them I am sure.
As for the new Ruger, well it is the hands down favorite I have ever owned. As old as the P-Series guns are I would not really hold out hope on an insert for them. They are as of now making them for the SR9 and American, and of course Glock. After market may well come up with others the way these sell.

yeah..I can't really get rid of my P85 with 5 mags (4 15rders and 1 10rd), it's been dead nuts reliable if little heavy.... and then there's the extended sticks for them?

I hear that. It was a hell of a great design as far as built like a tank and works. Bought an 89 when the great mag ban was going to go in. Did not have a double stack 9, did not really care but wanted one since they were banning. The pistol seemed butt ugly to me at the time. Every time I shot it it ate anything. Years later Midway has a sale on USA crap mags in 15 and 20 round. Bought a few to try they even worked, so used them for range use. Bought a couple 20 rounders they were so poorly made they were hard to get in an seat. Even they worked which says a lot about the gun and how well it's made. After ban ended it had kind of grown prettier to me as it worked so damn well. Then I kept it for the Wife as a house gun. Heavy enough that she can handle it with +P ammo and stone reliable. So figured why not keep it. That P series trigger takes some getting used to but I can shoot that tank pretty well now. :)

I have a ASR in .40 S&W. Initially I was having some feeding problems but after I took it apart and figured out how it all worked it's been reliable since.

TNW has been a steady donor to our high school robotics team and has even provided some manufacturing guidance in the past on some of the robot parts. Plus.....I love seeing the double takes from some folks when they see the TNW Firearms sticker plastered on the side of the robot at competitions. :D

E

It's too bad. I love the concept of their ASR's. I owned one and eventually sold it, in part because I just hated the trigger and couldn't find a decent way to make it better. It would be ideal if they were able to redesign around an AR hammer/trigger assembly, it would be an improvement.

Regardless, the product is decent. Customer service, in my experience was not awful, but not great. And charges for replacement parts, in my case, a pin, were ridiculous.

I want to like the gun and the company, but they aren't doing much, in my opinion, to win my interest back.

It's too bad. I love the concept of their ASR's. I owned one and eventually sold it, in part because I just hated the trigger and couldn't find a decent way to make it better. It would be ideal if they were able to redesign around an AR hammer/trigger assembly, it would be an improvement.

Regardless, the product is decent. Customer service, in my experience was not awful, but not great. And charges for replacement parts, in my case, a pin, were ridiculous.

I want to like the gun and the company, but they aren't doing much, in my opinion, to win my interest back.

I started out in LOVE with them. You may remember when I met you I had just bought my first one and LOVED the thing. Bought the second and it was fine. It was not until I bought the parts to make #3 that it all went south. There was a problem with the lower I bought and they flat ignored every attempt to contact them. I was just going to do a charge back on the card I used to pay but I figured out how to fix it myself. Then started reading about how the owner had really shafted some people on his rise and I was so disappointed. One real upside to this was now the PCC market has just caught fire like never before. So there is LOTS's of choices now. Sad that this guy chose to go the route he did and I hope it does catch up to him as word gets around and competition gets better.

I started out in LOVE with them. You may remember when I met you I had just bought my first one and LOVED the thing. Bought the second and it was fine. It was not until I bought the parts to make #3 that it all went south. There was a problem with the lower I bought and they flat ignored every attempt to contact them. I was just going to do a charge back on the card I used to pay but I figured out how to fix it myself. Then started reading about how the owner had really shafted some people on his rise and I was so disappointed. One real upside to this was now the PCC market has just caught fire like never before. So there is LOTS's of choices now. Sad that this guy chose to go the route he did and I hope it does catch up to him as word gets around and competition gets better.

Yep, and still enjoying the MechTech! They suffer a bit from also being a bit big for their britches, but they've been easier to work with than TNW.

Ethics! I heard nothing but good things about those carbines, and was seriously considering one in 10mm.
Not anymore! I can't support azzholery.
I won't buy LaRue products because the owner went on arfcom and trash talked American Defense when somebody started a thread asking which scope mount he should get.
Then he proceeded to belittle anybody that disagreed with him.

I quit a job once because my boss tried to get me to lie to customers when I went out to fix their brand new tractors... he knew they were going to break down, and sold them to people that really couldn't afford them anyway. Job security for a mechanic, and they were super easy to work on, but I couldn't be around that kind of deception. These folks would finance above thier means to get something they needed to rely on, only to have it in the shop more often than not. Then I was supposed to tell them it was their error that caused the breakdown. I wondered at first how he slept at night, but then found out he had a form of narcolepsy.
I don't understand how people can be so selfish, and why Karma seems so slow to catch up to them.

Last Edited:
Ethics! I heard nothing but good things about those carbines, and was seriously considering one in 10mm.
I won't buy LaRue products because the owner went on arfcom and trash talked American Defense when somebody started a thread asking which scope mount he should get.
Then he proceeded to belittle anybody that disagreed with him.

I quit a job once because my boss tried to get me to lie to customers when I went out to fix their brand new tractors... he knew they were going to break down, and sold them to people that really couldn't afford them anyway. Job security for a mechanic, and they were super easy to work on, but I couldn't be around that kind of deception. These folks would finance above thier means to get something they needed to rely on, only to have it in the shop more often than not. Then I was supposed to tell them it was their error that caused the breakdown. I wondered at first how he slept at night, but then found out he had a form of narcolepsy.
I don't understand how people can be so selfish, and why Karma seems so slow to catch up to them.
I think I read that LaRue thread, but took it more along the lines that he was pissed that AD ripped off his design

If you like the design, just not the dirt bag, try a Just Right. I have yet to handle one but they look to be very close to the same thing, US made, offered in 10mm and I have yet to hear anyone having a problem with them.

I have a ASR in .40 S&W. Initially I was having some feeding problems but after I took it apart and figured out how it all worked it's been reliable since.

TNW has been a steady donor to our high school robotics team and has even provided some manufacturing guidance in the past on some of the robot parts. Plus.....I love seeing the double takes from some folks when they see the TNW Firearms sticker plastered on the side of the robot at competitions. :D

E

You can't buy your way out of being a P.O.S.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top