JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For fathers day/ birthday Wife bought me a new mag well trigger group in 45/10mm for one of my TNW PCC's. Since I could not sell the 9mm one I have I decided to just make one dedicated .45 and one dedicated 10mm since I love both calibers. First trip to range it would fire one round, trigger was dead. Check, new round was loaded. I at first thought hammer was not catching as when action was cocked again it was ready to go, for one round. When I got home I wrote them and said something is wrong, need to return for exchange or repair. Week went by, no response. Tried again, no response. Put it in a letter and mailed it to them last Monday, again no response. At this point I was going to just do a charge back on the credit card used to buy it since I gave them 3 chances. I am sure that would get a response from them, at least wanting the parts back since I would get my money back and still have the parts. A couple days ago I got to playing with it and I found and fixed the problem. The disconector was hanging up and not letting the trigger return fully. After a lot of working the action, lots of grease work the action, clean, lots of oil, work the action, clean, it's now fine. It was just a matter of sloppy finish and inspection work. Took it out today and it runs like a top now but this left a VERY bad taste in my mouth for TNW. Have loved the 3 PCC's of theirs I have but I will never buy another one from them again. There is so much competition now days in the PCC market I do not need them. When some company sells me something that's not right, then tells me to pound sand since they got my money, they only get to do that one time. Saddens me to say this about them as I have gotten several others to buy from them too. They have decided that if they send out a problem it's just too damn bad for the customer. So wanted to share this with others who are thinking of buying from them. Again I do love PCC's and have loved these but this is just really bad service. This was from today's session with iron sights. Which with my eye's means the damn rifle can do far better:)

6-25-Range.jpg

Hate to say it Alex, I've been warning folks about TNW for some time.

Sucks that a local company is one of the bad ones, but, there's nothing there worth purchasing, in my eyes.

Funny how many folks that have been employed there I've met and say the same thing. Blinded by the opportunity to work within the industry, only later realizing the writing was always on the wall.

I have also read more than a few bad things about them. Issues with guns and the like and bad CS. It is a shame, they have some cool stuff. I will just have to wait for a PC carbine in 10mm or .45:)

TNW=

* T---hings
* N---ot
* W--orking

I worked there from 02-04..
Tim Bero is a A- Hat and doesn't care if the Things Not Working.
And " Wont let the Employee's waist his time" fixing them.

Beside's the fact he STOLE everything he has ever got.

Ask Brian from Maynard arms.

History | Maynard Arms Co
*** Go to 1998 in his time line. ***
That's TNW he's talking about kiddo's....

Last Edited:
I have also read more than a few bad things about them. Issues with guns and the like and bad CS. It is a shame, they have some cool stuff. I will just have to wait for a PC carbine in 10mm or .45:)

While I love my Ruger PCC, by far best money I ever spent, it looks like it will be a good while till more calibers come out. They started making these late last year and they are still in short supply. Plenty around to buy now but they are still going out the door as fast as most shops can get them. If you want something along the lines of the TNW's, which is a great design, damn shame they decided to run the company this way, there is one like them. The Just Right Carbine. Has same kind of design, in that one receiver can be converted to many calibers.

TNW=

* T---hings
* N---ot
* W--orking

<broken link removed>
Interesting read!

I used a TNW lower for a build and liked it because it was from a small local town. And always liked their pc carbines but they didn't seem robust enough. Like others on the market. Nice and lightweight but I wanted something solid that would eat thousands of rounds without fuss. Like the Ruger PCC. I'm only around 500 rounds but its showing little wear and seems well built and accurate and zero malfunctions. Don't under estimate what a 16" barrel does for 9mm. Many rounds get a 20% velocity bump and 50% energy increase. I agree Alex, money well spent on the Ruger. And thanks for the heads up on TNWs customer service.

TNW=

* T---hings
* N---ot
* W--orking

<broken link removed>

Tim Bero is still around? I cannot verify for sure, but i had heard that he went though a nasty divorce and moved away. Way away, like to Texas, or something like that.

I used a TNW lower for a build and liked it because it was from a small local town. And always liked their pc carbines but they didn't seem robust enough. Like others on the market. Nice and lightweight but I wanted something solid that would eat thousands of rounds without fuss. Like the Ruger PCC. I'm only around 500 rounds but its showing little wear and seems well built and accurate and zero malfunctions. Don't under estimate what a 16" barrel does for 9mm. Many rounds get a 20% velocity bump and 50% energy increase. I agree Alex, money well spent on the Ruger. And thanks for the heads up on TNWs customer service.

I have over 1500 rounds through mine with no malfunctions, still looks fantastic inside.

TNW=

* T---hings
* N---ot
* W--orking

<broken link removed>
From what I understand, the Aero rifle wasn't his design either. Someone working there at the time brainchilded that rifle under the TNW wing.

When I was their, I was literally the only one that knew anything about guns. 1st day I asked why they didn't have any press punches or actual roll pin punches, they looked at me like I was from Mars. Sending out guns with marred receivers from punch misses was a common thing before I got them to order a set of roll pin punches.

The other workers were a mix of local druggies and actual felons. Which I was a bit weirded out about, nothing against hiring felons, but in a firearm manufacturing facility, it made me uneasy. Drinking on the job was a norm, as was working stoned. Even one of the guys before me, before he left, bragged about stealing everything needed to assemble one of the Aero Rifles. Great group!

I seriously had some blinders on when I was there. Getting to build guns for a living really was pretty cool.

I'm glad I got canned, and I usually hold back on my opinion, as I try not to come off as a disgruntled former employee, but I'll say it anyways. They don't make quality firearms, and I simply would not recommend them to anyone.

I bought a pair of working ones from another member here. Great idea, crude design, sh1t manufacturing. I have designed many, many things and built them from the raw material into working machinery, and the pair I have I would consider a v0.1 beta built from a napkin sketch design. So many rough things about it that could be improved. My impression is that they just stopped development, as if the brainchild behind it was hit by a car or something. Not my favorites, but they are cool PCCs for SHTF scenarios.

If I have one thing good to say about my time there, though I can not prove it and Tim would likely wholeheartedly deny it, I was the reason they brought 10mm and 357sig into their lineup.

I got bored and found the right diameter drill bit to elongate a 40s&w chamber to chamber a 10mm. It was crude, but worked. Wouldn't always feed right, but I put it together and tested it. Stupid thing was showing Tim.

I have no idea if they ever worked out a reliable feed ramp angle, but we did eventually buy the correct reamers to bore them properly.

I also was the reason they started adding the angled cuts to all of their ejection ports, eliminating virtually 90% of the failure to eject issues those guns were having.

I did like the lady that was put in charge of the place last I knew, Jaime if I recall, she was really cool and put up with Tim's poop well.

They also brought on a guy that knew how to run the CNCs before I left that was a really nice guy.

I wish those two all the best, they likely need it!

If I have one thing good to say about my time there, though I can not prove it and Tim would likely wholeheartedly deny it, I was the reason they brought 10mm and 357sig into their lineup.

I got bored and found the right diameter drill bit to elongate a 40s&w chamber to chamber a 10mm. It was crude, but worked. Wouldn't always feed right, but I put it together and tested it. Stupid thing was showing Tim.

I have no idea if they ever worked out a reliable feed ramp angle, but we did eventually buy the correct reamers to bore them properly.

I also was the reason they started adding the angled cuts to all of their ejection ports, eliminating virtually 90% of the failure to eject issues those guns were having.

I did like the lady that was put in charge of the place last I knew, Jaime if I recall, she was really cool and put up with Tim's poop well.

They also brought on a guy that knew how to run the CNCs before I left that was a really nice guy.

I wish those two all the best, they likely need it!

Judging by the 3 I have and the 2 close buddies have, I would guess they did get things right for how they work. All 3 of mine eat up ammo no problem and can shoot far better than my eye's will do. Just a damn shame they want to treat customers this way. This was why I never bought a Seecamp. Back for a long time when looking for a pocket carry pistol I almost bought one a couple times. This was pre internet days but still were enough horror stories about the owner. Even the gun rags had to admit that if you had a problem you were SOL. It kept me from buying from him. Now that he has heavy competition I would have to guess he cleaned up his act or I doubt he would still be making guns.

I could give you the phone book of BS that guy has done over the year's to screw people over.
I don't know or care what that D-hole is doing or where he lives.
I'm honestly surprised someone hasn't done something untoward to the guy.

Trust me I'm being nice.

This guy has ruined families lives. People have literally lost homes, land and business because of Tim.

He even ruined his best friend of 20 years Mark Eschenbacher when he put up his door factory in Michigan to cover the CQB AR15 production at TNW.
And then..........Tim screwed him over because, Tim was the FFL so all the gun's and gun parts were his when it came court time.

Mark was trusting and invested EVERYTHING he owned on a hand shake deal with Tim.

This is just one example.. I could go on for day's.

Trust me I'm being nice.

This guy has ruined families lives. People have literally lost homes, land and business because of Tim.

He even ruined his best friend of 20 years Mark Eschenbacher when he put up his door factory in Michigan to cover the CQB AR15 production at TNW.
And then..........Tim screwed him over because, Tim was the FFL so all the gun's and gun parts were his when it came court time.

Mark was trusting and invested EVERYTHING he owned on a hand shake deal with Tim.

This is just one example.. I could go on for day's.

Sounds like it's a damn shame this clown has been able to stay in business this long.

Yeesh, now I feel bad for having bought one of the 9mm carbines and having supported this business. The carbine, by the way, was utter garbage and probably the worst PCC available today.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top