JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Why is it when I apply a title who's character length is : Ruger SP101, I get a flag admonishing me as being descriptive inadequate,:eek: and stating I must increase the character amount to 15.:(
Often, I see titles with less, as in; Beretta M9? (A currently running ad):confused:
What say you any guru of the forum?o_O

I don't know the answer to your technical question. I'll let @Joe Link answer that query.

But, I have found through a lot of online sales experience (eBay, craigslist, here, etc...) that longer titles are more effective.

Ruger SP101, 357mag, stainless, custom leather holster

Now THAT would have been a cool title!

Upvote 0
Simply wondering why some titles may be less than 15 characters when others (or at least mine)will not post unless I capitulate to the Forum generated pop up box stating the title must contain at least 15 characters .
Jokes, ethics, good salesmanship, linguistics not withstanding:D

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the only answer to your basic question is a technical one that can only be answered by the Oracle, himself.

He'll notice this thread soon enough...
That was my plan. Since my inquiry was posted in the "Question" section.
I'm seeing how a title can obscure the question.
I applied the apparently notorious incongruous, as a flip response for having to increase the title size because I couldn't post my question using only "Title Length" as a title.

Upvote 0
Speaking of characters, Marvel comics has changed Thor, the God of Thunder into a woman.

original.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Why is it when I apply a title who's character length is : Ruger SP101, I get a flag admonishing me as being descriptive inadequate,:eek: and stating I must increase the character amount to 15.:(
Often, I see titles with less, as in; Beretta M9? (A currently running ad):confused:
What say you any guru of the forum?o_O

I don't know the answer to your technical question. I'll let @Joe Link answer that query.

But, I have found through a lot of online sales experience (eBay, craigslist, here, etc...) that longer titles are more effective.

Ruger SP101, 357mag, stainless, custom leather holster

Now THAT would have been a cool title!

Sorry about the late reply, this is the busy time of year at my part time job so I've been working almost every day :)

@CHLChris is correct, adequate descriptions are the reason for the minimum thread title length. We had a bunch of threads with extremely vague titles, making them both difficult to find and less appealing to read (not knowing what it was about). It was actually put in place for the discussion sections, but we couldn't 'exclude' the classified sections. Descriptive thread titles are much better all around.

Example: "Scope Rings" vs "Which scope rings for my Winchester 30-30?"

Upvote 0
Sorry about the late reply, this is the busy time of year at my part time job so I've been working almost every day :)

@CHLChris is correct, adequate descriptions are the reason for the minimum thread title length. We had a bunch of threads with extremely vague titles, making them both difficult to find and less appealing to read (not knowing what it was about). It was actually put in place for the discussion sections, but we couldn't 'exclude' the classified sections. Descriptive thread titles are much better all around.

Example: "Scope Rings" vs "Which scope rings for my Winchester 30-30?"
I hope you had an exciting and memorable Christmas and New Years Eve.
No problem on the delay. It's not like I was waiting for a transplant, I knew you would eventually get there.
I got the adequate descriptions part, but it doesn't explain how "Beretta M9" was excepted as an ad title or how it was more descriptive than my my rejected "Ruger SP101" to which I added XXXXX to make 15 and get it to accept my ad. Technically, Ruger SP101 has one more character.
The same discrepancy manifested itself when I titled my question "title length" it would not post so I added incongruous (instead of "discrepancy") with expected results:rolleyes:
Perusal of your comments leave me guessing;
1. There is a flaw in the program.o_O
2. You mandated the fifteen character min. some where Post Beretta ad, and Pre Ruger ad.
3. This forum is Beretta biased and Ruger prejudiced. :eek:
4. Incongruous invites witticism.;)
Retort @ your leisure, really.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews