JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Purchased 2 of the government models.
The first had to go back because the chamber-end of the barrel swelled when firing normal 230gr fmj ammo. Enough to damage the locking lugs on the barrel and slide.
Got a new one back, and it's been 100% (with checkmate or colt magazines)
The second one was another catastrophic failure. Went full auto. Sometimes the half cocktail notch would stop it, sometimes it would full mag dump. It was fun, but having a unregistered machine gun, it went back too. Problem was a combination of a bad hammer, and one leg of the spring was bent into the other.

20220621_220538.jpg
Sorry, tried to upload the video of me shooting it full auto, but site doesn't support 😭

Purchased 2 of the government models.
The first had to go back because the chamber-end of the barrel swelled when firing normal 230gr fmj ammo. Enough to damage the locking lugs on the barrel and slide.
Got a new one back, and it's been 100% (with checkmate or colt magazines)
The second one was another catastrophic failure. Went full auto. Sometimes the half cocktail notch would stop it, sometimes it would full mag dump. It was fun, but having a unregistered machine gun, it went back too. Problem was a combination of a bad hammer, and one leg of the spring was bent into the other.

View attachment 1380955
Sweet full auto conversion directions o_Oo_Oo_O

Sorry to hear about your problems but at least it's taken care of and now you have a sweet firearm

Yes, once fixed they're really nice. Even though the ugly plastic grips are "authentic", they were just plain ugly, so I swapped them both for some (fake) Colt double diamonds in walnut.
Factory magazines suck too. Runs great on Colt and Checkmate.
Unless inspected, the Tisas "US army" look like a pristine example of the real deal.

MM93,

Did you ever purchase the Tisas?

I just picked up the SS, will take it out for a spin if it ever stops snowing here.

No. I decided with a 1964 Colt, a 1943 Remington Camp Perry, and a S&W version, I should probably show some self control.

There's one for sale locally here and priced right. It reminds me of a base model ATI I have. The current owner upgraded the sights and the swapped the standard spur hammer for the ring hammer. I might take the plunge after reading this thread

I now own a Tisas 1911a1 US Army and have managed to replicate my carry rig from my time in the USMC. I opted for an M-7 Tanker holster back then and again today. I liked the chest mount and the quick and easy access to the pistol.

That price is low enough for me to be suspicious of quality...

I like an inexpensive firearm, however I don't like holding onto a hand grenade

All the reviews point out the high quality of the Tisas firearms.
Something about the price just leads me to believe it's got at least some of a tuna can mixed into it's metallurgy. Is there a problem? Maybe not. Does my mind believe it's a lesser gun due to the price alone? Yes. That's all I'm saying.

All the reviews point out the high quality of the Tisas firearms.
Well I dunno about that.
2 out of the 3 I purchased, all NIB, had to go back for serious issues. One of those was fixed, one was replaced.
(See previous posts on this thread by me)
That said, the Tisas's have excellent potential. Frame barrel and slide are forged and the only part I saw that's MIM is the grip safety; a non-stressed part..
Fortunately their warranty service is top notch. On both pistols that had to go back, I downloaded a shipping label from them, sent to Kentucky (or was it Tennessee?) and had each back in 2 weeks, properly fixed.
In summary, if you buy one, immediately shoot the snot out of it with Colt or Checkmate magazines.
If there's a problem you'll know right away. If not, you're golden.

Also one of the reasons It's cheaper is because Turkey economy is in the tanker so they are producing them for a fraction of the cost elsewhere but as the popularity grows so does the price. I also hear good reviews about the importer who's warranting them. It's mass manufactured just like everyone else some problems can occur and they seem to take care of it.

Also one of the reasons It's cheaper is because Turkey economy is in the tanker so they are producing them for a fraction of the cost elsewhere but as the popularity grows so does the price. I also hear good reviews about the importer who's warranting them. It's mass manufactured just like everyone else some problems can occur and they seem to take care of it.
Current exchange rate.....

1.00 Turkish lira = 0.053 U.S. dollars.

-E-

Fired my new Tisas for the first time today, a B9 Commander and B9 Government, put about 150 rounds through each. Very accurate out of the box after a quick wipe down and lube, just a little windage adjustment needed on the commander model. Unfortunately, the extractor on both models were too loose and needed to be tightened. I can feel the action is already starting to smooth out, very happy with both of them.

When breaking them down, I did find that if the sear spring is just a little bit misplaced the hammer would follow the slide - it could have resulted in full auto had I not caught it in advance. I also found that the mainspring housing is smaller than spec, thus I could not replace it with a drop in maxi-well from Brownells without disabling the grip safety. I have one installed on my Bul Armory Government which fit perfectly.

Fired my new Tisas for the first time today, a B9 Commander and B9 Government, put about 150 rounds through each. Very accurate out of the box after a quick wipe down and lube, just a little windage adjustment needed on the commander model. Unfortunately, the extractor on both models were too loose and needed to be tightened. I can feel the action is already starting to smooth out, very happy with both of them.

When breaking them down, I did find that if the sear spring is just a little bit misplaced the hammer would follow the slide - it could have resulted in full auto had I not caught it in advance. I also found that the mainspring housing is smaller than spec, thus I could not replace it with a drop in maxi-well from Brownells without disabling the grip safety. I have one installed on my Bul Armory Government which fit perfectly.
How do you know it's out of spec, I have a 1911 manual with a parts diagram with measurements: I would need to put some calipers on it see the size though if it's the frame or the part. Also I know a lot of budget 1911 have improper extractor tension seems to be a common problem including Springfield armory.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top