JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone owned one of these? If so, any good or bad comments about them?
I own a few 1911 Colt, Remington, and S&W built .45's, and looking to buy a compact 1911 style .45. I found these Tisas in a 4" barreled compact with a lot of nice custom features at Bud's Gun Shop for $370, and thought it would make a great compact carry gun. They're presently out of stock, so I put my name on their email list. Just looking for input while I wait to see when one comes in.

GShpIZum.jpg

Check the ATI's M1911GI 4.25" at grab a gun, in the same price range. I have a commander that's just as tight and smooth functioning as my Colt XSE. It's had enough rounds through it that I'm confident it trusting it as a daily carry... ATI pictured below with aftermarket rosewood double diamond grips.

ABD8417A-592E-45FA-A7AE-2EF83D2861AA.jpeg

I looked at the ATI and it is quite similar, but also $50 higher. I'll wait to see what the latest price is on the Tisas when they come in, and if they've gone up I'll look at the ATI again. I'd rather not support Turkish industries, but if they're still $50 cheaper I'll go that route.

I've been eyeballing Atlantic Firearms as they are selling a A1 clone that looks amazing and at a incredible price. I don't like 45acp, but I've alway wanted a replica or actual 1911a1.

1580750723365.jpeg

I've got several full sized 1911 style guns. A 1967 Colt Commercial, 1943 dated Remington, and a S&W also. But all are full size and I want a compact for carry purposes.

I've got several full sized 1911 style guns. A 1967 Colt Commercial, 1943 dated Remington, and a S&W also. But all are full size and I want a compact for carry purposes.
I know you have a price point in mind, but look around, Rock Island Armory and Citadel are both good compacts, just a smidge more than your currently targeting. Here's a Citadel example:

1F11A543-8B41-48D0-92B2-541FEB51C0E4.jpeg

I have read a lot of good feedback on the Citadels! I've also handled them but, no shooting experience. I wouldn't be opposed on one though.

I know you have a price point in mind, but look around, Rock Island Armory and Citadel are both good compacts, just a smidge more than your currently targeting. Here's a Citadel example:

View attachment 656493

That's a good looking .45! Only thing missing that I like is the long ambidextrous safety. Grips are very nice!

Of coarse, as I'm looking at that 1911a1 again Tim put out a video on it. It's as if someone somewhere is saying, buy it!

It's amazing for design well over 100 years old to still be in such demand that there's no shortage of makers offering new guns in the 1911 design! Not a lot of other guns that have stood the test of time like the 1911, and are still big sellers today.

It's amazing for design well over 100 years old to still be in such demand that there's no shortage of makers offering new guns in the 1911 design! Not a lot of other guns that have stood the test of time like the 1911, and are still big sellers today.
The brilliance of JMB, just imagine what he'd come up with if he was alive today... In John we trust!

Whenever I think about John Browning I can't help but wonder what went through the minds of those at Winchester when they turned him away over his semiauto shotgun design just because he wanted royalties on it? Winchester really shot themselves in the foot over that, and gave Remington and FN a huge shot in the arm when they benefited from Browning's genius from that point forward!

Whenever I think about John Browning I can't help but wonder what went through the minds of those at Winchester when they turned him away over his semiauto shotgun design just because he wanted royalties on it? Winchester really shot themselves in the foot over that, and gave Remington and FN a huge shot in the arm when they benefited from Browning's genius from that point forward!
MM93,

Did you ever purchase the Tisas?

I just picked up the SS, will take it out for a spin if it ever stops snowing here.

I've got 350 rounds threw mine so far and it's worked great every review I see out there talks about how good of deal these are and I agree.

The words out price is going up on these FYI
77E881B2-C12A-4983-9D53-B0B8391E3DA7.jpeg

I am a Tisas fan.

I owned a Citadel 1911 Officer (manufactured by Armscorp), and RIA 1911 Government (also manufactured by Armscorp) and a Tisas Government (M45 Duty) - all at the same time.

In terms of fit, finish - as well as value (i.e., comparing similar triggers, hammers, sights, etc.) - the Tisas beat out my Citadel and RIA by a mile.

Great shooter, great value for the dollar.

My opinion from my own experience.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews