JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For smoking!
Haven't been on here much lately, just smokin' and eatin'! :D

Having lung issues I kind of got out of it the last few years as I didn't really want to be stuffing my face into a smokey box ( Smoker box BTW you animals! :D ) every hr or so. November I started thinking that maybe an electric smoker with a wifi dual thermometer setup would work. Cyber Monday I ended up buying a "Smokin-It" smoker and a Thermoworks "Smoke" wifi thermometer with dual probes. It does a great job and its as close to set and forget it as I was hoping for. Stuff everything in the smoker, turn it on, set temp, set the hi-lo temp alarms on the Thermoworks rig and look out the window occasionally to make sure I have smoke. Have to go out and adjust the temp sometimes and on a long smoke add wood but usually doze off and wake up in the recliner with the thermometer receiver beeping at me telling me the meats done. Pics to raise your cholesterol and clog your arteries a bit. :)
Everything was smoked with pecan wood.

Part of 15 lbs of cheese right outta the smoker, it darkened up
overnight in the fridge
IMG_20181229_22e5406.jpg

10 lbs of pepper and garlic/pepper bacon
IMG_20190101_201022.jpg

Ribs
IMG_20181228_220536.jpg

Pork loin, cured 3 weeks before smoking
IMG_20181209_184039_1__jpg-767120.JPG

Pork butt, 12 hr smoke
IMG_20190103_072212.jpg

IMG_20190103_072449.jpg

IMG_20190103_073226.jpg

Last Edited:
For smoking!
Haven't been on here much lately, just smokin' and eatin'! :D

Having lung issues I kind of got out of it the last few years as I didn't really want to be stuffing my face into a smokey box every hr or so. November I started thinking that maybe an electric smoker with a wifi dual thermometer setup would work. Cyber Monday I ended up buying a "Smokin-It" smoker and a Thermoworks "Smoke" wifi thermometer with dual probes. It does a great job and its as close to set and forget it as I was hoping for. Stuff everything in the smoker, turn it on, set temp, set the hi-lo temp alarms on the Thermoworks rig and look out the window occasionally to make sure I have smoke. Have to go out and adjust the temp sometimes and on a long smoke add wood but usually doze off and wake up in the recliner with the thermometer receiver beeping at me telling me the meats done. Pics to raise your cholesterol and clog your arteries a bit. :)
Everything was smoked with pecan wood.

Part of 15 lbs of cheese right outta the smoker, it darkened up
overnight in the fridge
View attachment 534189

10 lbs of pepper and garlic/pepper bacon
View attachment 534187

Ribs
View attachment 534190

Pork loin, cured 3 weeks before smoking
View attachment 534191

Pork butt, 12 hr smoke
View attachment 534192

View attachment 534194

View attachment 534196

Who the HELL could be a vegetarian knowing vittles like THAT exist in this world?!!!

:eek:

Post some photos of your smoker kit, we wanna see the baby! ;)

Who the HELL could be a vegetarian knowing vittles like THAT exist in this world?!!!

:eek:

Post some photos of your smoker kit, we wanna see the baby! ;)

What do you think of your rig/set up now ?

I have an offset wood fired smoker, which means the extra work.
I don't have any complaints about it at all other than its made in China. But its the one Chinese built thing that I've seen that they did really right. In fact if I didn't know where it was built and someone told me, I'd probably argue. I read all the reviews I could find and no complaints about crappy manufacturing.

Its built like a tank! 18 gauge 201 SS, double walled and fiberglass insulated. I think its around 65 lbs and its the smallest one they make. I almost bought the next size up but realized this one has as much rack space as my 36 inch propane smoker. It'll hold a 14-15 lb turkey,shoulder or brisket easily enough and I'm only gonna cook 1 of those at a time. Here's a couple pics. and the smoked meatloaf that was a lot better than it looks. Thankfully! :D

www.smokin-it.com

IMG_20190104_150601.jpg

IMG_20190104_150421.jpg

IMG_20190103_222055.jpg

IMG_20181213_214507_1__jpg-777466.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA