Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Tired of your boring black Sig P238 grip screws ?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jrprich, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

I upgraded to a set of Hogue wrap around grips on my Sig P238 to improve the grip and the Hogue grips make a huge difference in the feel of the pistol. SIG Sauer P238 Rubber Grip with Finger Grooves [38000] - $24.95 : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None!
    But the stock Sig grip screws while functional just didn't look right on my Duotone 238.
    So I ordered a set of 1911 Slim stainless steel grip screws to give them a try. They looked great but were still a bit too long for the 238. So rather than file or grind them down I just added a small O ring (1/8" hole, 1/4" dia) to each screw and that did the trick. :)

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

You might also want to try one of the seven shot extended mags. It makes a HUGE difference in the feel of the gun. I don't use it for pocket carry, but for IWB carry it makes no difference in concealment.

DSCN1630.jpg

3. jrprich

Yep,
    I have several of the Sig 7 round mags.

100_4017.jpg

4. cmwarner2003

cmwarner2003 vancouver Member

Can you tell me what grips those are? They look great. Also, where are you guys buying your 7 round mags?

5. jrprich

6. GED

GED North Idaho Active Member

Very happy with my Hogue grips:

P238Hoguemed.jpg