JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You're going to have to make do with any powder that will work and that you can get.. forget about your pet/favorite powders and primers.
Good luck.

Come to central Oregon from the day with a few hundred $$$.... Leave happy lol. Today at sportsman's warehouse they had 6 different handgun powders in stock. Big R seems to hold powders good, Bi-mart stocks alliant and imr when they can get it. Primers are always in stock. Bullets are slightly difficult to track.

Unique and 2400 have been showing up at the Sportsman's in Medford, but just a few pounds here and there. Its like geezer Black Friday every Thursday morning at 0900, as we (yes, I will include myself as a certified geez) shuffle through the store as fast as our questionable limbs will carry us. Those without bursitis have an advantage, as they always put the powder on the top shelf!

I went by a local guys house yesterday that reloads on a large scale and sells ammo, powder and primers. He sold me 1k primers but wouldn't part with any powder.

I've switched to Red Dot, as it can be used for pistol, shotgun, and rifle. Most of the "Color" Dot powders are the same. As well as Unique that has been refered to as "THE" top performing all around powder. Another tip would be to see if you can find Promo Powder. It is interchangeable with Red Dot data by weight not volume and sells for about $90/8 lbs at $11.25 per pound before taxes, thats a powder I'd love to find. I've still yet to find Promo powder local. I've seen it available with online retailers, just can't find it local.

Ditto.. I've only ever seen Promo online. A few hundred dollars of that yields easily 60,000 rounds (rough averaging.. 4.5 grain charge) for most all centerfire handgun loads. It was on the internet shelves way, way after most everything was sold out.. in 8 lb jugs. $80.
Many good .38 special target loads are 2+ etc. grains so that'd easily double the round count. a stingy powder indeed
As said, I use it (Red Dot) in my 30-06 (reduced load.. 13 grains) also.. check out "The Load".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top