JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Swiss military surplus cleaning "roll up" kit. I believe they were for use with the SIG Stgw57 rifle. All over the internet and gun shows for about $20 and worth triple that IMHO. That said, 90% of the time I just use a bore snake.

Has anyone used the tipton maxforce rod? It apparently allows you to move the handle down the rod so you are not always pushing/pulling from the very end. Interesting concept. I would be worried about failure of their clamping mechanism possibly but I have never used or seen in person. I worry when I see fairly complex mechanisms like that cuz if they use an inferior plastic on any one part of it, the whole thing is shot. Also plastic parts "clamping" onto the rod over and over could easily deform, abrade, or crack/wear out. All it would take is a little wobble room in the mechanism and it wouldn't clamp tight anymore I would think. If they used more metal on the mechanism I would be less worried long term. I'm kinda thinking of going with a simple carbon fiber rod. I'm thinking 22 size rod and then use an adapter for higher caliber/shotgun brushes, patch holders, etc. Carbon fiber should be o.k for that I would guess.

I have a regular Tipton rod for rifles and it's been great. Would highly recommend. The Max Force wasn't out when I bought mine years ago.

I use this rod for pistols and it's very nice and holding up well...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top