JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They at least had the means to saw through the antlers, but not a belted tire? Seems like a failure to prepare for the mission. Well at least they got a decent rack out of it.
TBF, I can attest that a hacksaw with a regular blade gets all gummed up and won't cut the steel belt very well. They did need to get it done before the sleepy wore off. I'm pretty sure you want to be several yards away from them when they stand back up. As mentioned earlier a battery powered sawsall would probably make quick work of it.

TBF, I can attest that a hacksaw with a regular blade gets all gummed up and won't cut the steel belt very well. They did need to get it done before the sleepy wore off. I'm pretty sure you want to be several yards away from them when they stand back up. As mentioned earlier a battery powered sawsall would probably make quick work of it.
Even with a Sawzall you'd want to have a handful of blades. (Milwaukie "Torch" blades)
You're cutting stainless and rubber, both very hard on blades.
I'm thinkin our wildlife officials had a hacksaw.

I had to put some holes for rebar penetrations in some 3/4" thick rubber bearing pads for a post-tension slab.
My partner wanted to use a paddle bit. I rounded up some hole saws.
The hole saw worked but I was surprised at how fast pure rubber (no cord) will dull a brand new hole saw.
And as slow as you could spin it and still cut.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top