JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
another good one by Chris Rock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, what part of the video do you disagree with?

I don't know, I didn't watch it. Long story short, I don't like the guy now that I've read some of his stances on police policy. The vid linked by AMProducts is one I have seen and recommend.

Ayoob's blog: Massad Ayoob

Check back to April, 4/27 post.

One thing I kinda take exception to when it comes to the standard body of practice most people consider when dealing with traffic stops, is it seems there are times notification isn't required.

For those with washington CPL's (myself included) RCW 9.41.050: Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

[2003 c 53 § 28; 1997 c 200 § 1; 1996 c 295 § 4; 1994 sp.s. c 7 § 405; 1982 1st ex.s. c 47 § 3; 1961 c 124 § 4; 1935 c 172 § 5; RRS § 2516-5.]

I didn't see anything in here about notifying the officer you are carrying a firearm, it did say you must produce your license upon demand. My supposition is the officer would be aware of this either by running your license plate, or your drivers license.

Going off the other video I posted, if I don't have a duty to inform the officer of a pistol in my possession I don't see any reason to complicate a normal every day traffic stop and turning it into some kind of bug-hunt looking for every firearm and round of ammunition in my possession. Learn your rights.

I don't know, I didn't watch it. Long story short, I don't like the guy now that I've read some of his stances on police policy. The vid linked by AMProducts is one I have seen and recommend.

Sorry, I didn't find anything objectionable in that article. You might try watching the video before dismissing it because you don't like the guy for whatever reason.

Going off the other video I posted, if I don't have a duty to inform the officer of a pistol in my possession I don't see any reason to complicate a normal every day traffic stop and turning it into some kind of bug-hunt looking for every firearm and round of ammunition in my possession. Learn your rights.

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chee-to View Post
Really, what part of the video do you disagree with?

Oh...............................

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR