"Tips when stopped by Police", a video by Massad Ayoob

Reactions
One thing I kinda take exception to when it comes to the standard body of practice most people consider when dealing with traffic stops, is it seems there are times notification isn't required.

For those with washington CPL's (myself included) RCW 9.41.050: Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

[2003 c 53 § 28; 1997 c 200 § 1; 1996 c 295 § 4; 1994 sp.s. c 7 § 405; 1982 1st ex.s. c 47 § 3; 1961 c 124 § 4; 1935 c 172 § 5; RRS § 2516-5.]

I didn't see anything in here about notifying the officer you are carrying a firearm, it did say you must produce your license upon demand. My supposition is the officer would be aware of this either by running your license plate, or your drivers license.

Going off the other video I posted, if I don't have a duty to inform the officer of a pistol in my possession I don't see any reason to complicate a normal every day traffic stop and turning it into some kind of bug-hunt looking for every firearm and round of ammunition in my possession. Learn your rights.

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
I don't know, I didn't watch it. Long story short, I don't like the guy now that I've read some of his stances on police policy. The vid linked by AMProducts is one I have seen and recommend.

Ayoob's blog: Massad Ayoob

Check back to April, 4/27 post.
Sorry, I didn't find anything objectionable in that article. You might try watching the video before dismissing it because you don't like the guy for whatever reason.

Reactions
Quote Originally Posted by Chee-to View Post
Really, what part of the video do you disagree with?
I don't know, I didn't watch it. Long story short, I don't like the guy now that I've read some of his stances on police policy. The vid linked by AMProducts is one I have seen and recommend.

Ayoob's blog: Massad Ayoob

Check back to April, 4/27 post.
Oh...............................

UPCOMING EVENTS

Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Triple B Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Triple B Guns
    This isn't really a review as we own the store but rather an invitation to come down and visit us. We specialize in hard to find unique guns but...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
Top Bottom