JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think the OP have been given more than enough info to digest and now has a better understanding of the options available to him. Probably best to close this thread before it starts to really go sideways.....;)
Prolly a good idea.

tenor.gif

QUOTE]

Can we get back on topic please, offer the advice the OP was asking for. Let's leave the other comments at the door. Thanks in advance.

So are you saying that since the OP did not fully respected in all areas of life that the failure to do so shows a lack of political correctness on our part???

Ding ding ding -- winner winner chicken dinner!!!

But seriously, are we really now so thin skinned?????????????

And please don't take any of this as I am effin' with you, I am just trying to find my way around in this brave new world...

And I agree with what all have said about concussion/recoil mitigation

Has anyone mentioned an A2 stock yet? I know everyone uses collapsible stocks nowadays, but I actually prefer the old A2 AR stock, myself. They're definitively more comfortable to shoot.

Save up your money and buy a M1 Garand. Then buy up one of the surplus ammo cans full of M2 ball ammo. Get you a couple hand fulls of clips and head out to the range. Set up a target at 100 yards and shoot at it a 100 times with the M1 Garand and I assure you the recoil you feel from a .223 / 5.56 AR-15 will never bother you again LOL.

From an idiot that once threw 220 rounds of M2 out the barrel of his Garand as fast as I could load it. And it was all on clips when I started.

Buy an inexpensive 12 gauge shotgun and buy 250 rounds of full power 00 buckshot and shoot the full case. A lot cheaper than a M1 Garand.

Last Edited:
Uh oh, I caused a stir.

You guys make me laugh.

Out of the four pages if you read them. You will see mostly posts about how other guns have more recoil. How AR15s are not that bad. Yes the phrase "Don't be a pussy" was actually posted. Followed by "Just Kidding" of coarse, you know to show that it was a joke...

Yes, there are a few posts that actually give advice, mine was one of them.

I really don't care either way, just ironic to me sometimes.

Thank you for pointing that out, too bad you changed your original name. It would be fitting right about now.......:p

I must have missed the part where someone on this thread called any one a "pussy" As in " Don't be a pussy" Or "Nut up ya' big pussy" Or? Geeze. Somebody! Quick, call me a pussy for using a shoulder pad when I shoot my rifles! So I can get all upset!

WTH, is everybody getting so sensitive now?

That was me, Mike. I admit it. Pretty sure my friend @bbbass got the laugh I intended him to have.

And yeah, sensitivity seems to be running strong these days.

Members of NWFA, I apologize for calling my friend a pussy. It was in jest, but I can see how it could be misconstrued into something offensive and I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my words.

Thank you.

Has anyone mentioned an A2 stock yet? I know everyone uses collapsible stocks nowadays, but I actually prefer the old A2 AR stock, myself. They're definitively more comfortable to shoot.

That is an excellent recommendation!

Thank you for pointing that out, too bad you changed your original name. It would be fitting right about now.......:p

That was me, Mike. I admit it. Pretty sure my friend @bbbass got the laugh I intended him to have.

And yeah, sensitivity seems to be running strong these days.

Members of NWFA, I apologize for calling my friend a pussy. It was in jest, but I can see how it could be misconstrued into something offensive and I certainly don't want to offend anyone with my words.

Thank you.
I doubt that anyone was actually offended by your joking around, but it shows integrity on your part to post a sincere apology. :)

What I'd really like someday, myself, is a nice wood stock set on an AR. I just think they look good. I saw some nice looking laminated sets at a gun show recently, but I just can't justify spending the money right now. Someday...

I think it's pretty obvious what the problem is. OP bought a Jackson Lee AR-15. They weigh as much as 10 moving boxes and shoot 50 caliber ammunition.

Ya know, personal experience has taught me that thousands of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and running over the horizon and back, then running over the opposite horizon and back before 5am goes a LONG way to reducing any felt recoil from the AR family of weapons.....

;)

Good info!

For those who are unfamiliar, decibels are not linear - a change in 3 dB is a doubling or halving of the actual power used to make the sound. The ear, however, does not perceive a 3 dB change as a doubling of sound while the ear structure does. This is why it's easy to get ear damage.

WHAT?! wuddya say?! I can't hear you, I got the tinnitus! :confused:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads