JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The idea of storing guns (even disabled) could get turn you into a criminal. Doesn't Warshington's new bill require safe (to them anyway) storage of firearms?

Yes but if I am not mistaken a trigger lock or cable works according to the new bubblegumed up non constitutional law!

If case your firearms are stolen be sure you take pictures with the locks on them if you don't have a safe and save them. I am not really not sure how they will track these kinds of things anyways. The locking devices will be taken off and use in a crime anyways at some point if they are stolen.

It's all fun up until you want to shoot the gun stored in the back of the safe.

When I get done with the two bathroom remodels, I'm thinking the pictures below will be inspiration for [my] next project. It seems like the best solution for how to easily get to the long gun in the back of the safe without having to move everything else.
Verticalslider2.jpg

08d29820eacc0fae790e967e804eb10c.jpg class-5-weapons-safe-rifle-cart.jpg summit safe rollout racks.jpg

I get a bigger box to put them in...

When I fill up the current I'll add another box and work on filling it, no more removing the current one it was hard enough to get into location, let alone get it out again.

I completely remove the carpet covered chip board that's only in a safe so they can advertise/boast about the heavy weight of a safe, but takes up too much room
I found some wire/stackable shelves that fit tightly into my hand gun safe, for lots more room.
For rifles I cut some U notches in some 1x2 boards and cover the notches with felt weather stripping.
I put these boards along each side/back and built a removable rifle "caddy", like those pictured in other posts, for the center.
I just lift out the caddy to get to the perimeter guns.
The rifles around the perimeter are stored alternating barrel up/barrel down to take up less room.
works for me,
:D

Last Edited:
I completely remove the carpet covered chip board that's only in a safe so the can advertise/boast about the heavy weight of a safe, but takes up too much room
I found some wire/stackable shelves that fit tightly into my hand gun safe, for lots more room.
For rifles I cut some U notches in some 1x2 boards and cover the notches with felt weather stripping.
I put these board along each side and built a removable rifle "caddy", like those pictured in other posts, for the center.
I just lift it out to get to the perimeter guns.
The rifles around the perimeter are stored alternating barrel up/barrel down to take up less room.
works for me,
:D

If you don't mind I'd like a pic, that sounds like a very good idea!

I gutted all of my gun safes and reworked the interiors to allow maximum storage space. Made my 16 gun safe hold 26 long guns. My 12 gun safe holds 24 long guns. And my 10 gun safe holds 22 long guns now.
I also reworked the doors with pegs that are rubber covered so my handguns can hang on the inside of the doors. Only issue now is if I want a gun from the back it take moving a few to get to it usually.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top