JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My guns are overflowing my safes, so one way I deal with this is to take the bolt guns out, then take the bolts out of the guns and store them in the safe. The bolt guns without bolts are stored in any closet, etc.

Also, for bolt guns you are still storing in the safe, taking the bolt out still has an advantage, as the guns can be put closer together.

Probably most people have figured this out already, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Good idea on removing the bolts but remember that not all bolts from the same model will interchange...
As in not all 1903 Springfield bolts will work in every 1903 Springfield....:eek:
Make sure that you label each bolt as to which rifle it belongs to....
Andy

Yes which I haven't had the opportunity to use yet. I'm thinking a range trip next Saturday is in order. Let me know if your in.

Got them pesky (required) continuing education classes in order to maintain my state electrical and boiler license next Saturday (yesterday was 8hrs of.... "fun" sitting and pretending I learned something new). :confused:

I'm (currently) available the Saturday after Thanksgiving however! ;)

Got them pesky (required) continuing education classes in order to maintain my state electrical and boiler license next Saturday (yesterday was 8hrs of.... "fun" sitting and pretending I learned something new). :confused:

I'm (currently) available the Saturday after Thanksgiving however! ;)

Sweet I'll PM you.

I've always been under the impression that storing bolt rifles with the bolt removed for the long term was best, that way if you have humidity issues your bolt won't rust to the inside of the receiver.
But, it was my old stepdad who told me that, and, we lived in the Cascade foothills, so humidity was always a problem.

No problem fitting more firearms in the toy closet what I need is more slots in the rack. Time to turn the corner onto the second wall I guess. Already have 5-6 rifles leaning up against cabinets and shelves. Time to reorganize I guess this last time I rebuilt the little room it lasted all of 6 years LOL.

My guns are overflowing my safes, so one way I deal with this is to take the bolt guns out, then take the bolts out of the guns and store them in the safe. The bolt guns without bolts are stored in any closet, etc.

Also, for bolt guns you are still storing in the safe, taking the bolt out still has an advantage, as the guns can be put closer together.

Probably most people have figured this out already, but I thought I'd put it out there anyway.

If you have any ARs you might want to invest in some GunVault locks or buy another safe or two. When I go to the range I use the GunVault locks:

https://www.amazon.com/GunVault-AR-...srs=2593100011&ie=UTF8&qid=1541966703&sr=8-16

The keys have different numbers so you need take take multiple rifles you need to take all of the keys. Two keys are included by default.

It's all fun up until you want to shoot the gun stored in the back of the safe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top