JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a carry concealed weapon permit / license. I met a guy yesterday at the Puyallop WAC show who claims that if you have one, you can get your car windows tinted very dark (darker than what is legally allowed by those who do not have a CCW). This pertains to Washington.

I am unable to find anything in my brief searching the internet on this.

Does anyone have some links to back this statement up (or disprove it too).

He said the logic is that if you accidentally leave your gun on the seat or otherwise exposed, the tint acts as an 'enclosure' so people can't see it. Or something to that effect.

He also said that while you might get pulled over for the darker tint, you won't get a ticket if you produce the CCW to show the officer.

I would never talk to that guy again.
Of course he would have stopped talking to me while I was rolling on the ground laughing.

All your concealed permit does is allow you to carry a hand gun concealed
Nothing more.

This is the site with the conceal carry laws.If there is anything about window tint it's on here
Washington State Legislature

From my recent reading of the RCW, the only thing I have come across is that if the gun is inside the vehicle while you are not it should be unloaded and out of sight. (sight is to be said visible from a walk around of the vehicle.)

Tinted windows + having it on floorboard or partially under seat would be out of sight. I can't say as for on the front seat.

I carry in WA as of a month ago and I'm tired of reading up on the WA rules....

From my recent reading of the RCW, the only thing I have come across is that if the gun is inside the vehicle while you are not it should be unloaded and out of sight. (sight is to be said visible from a walk around of the vehicle.)

Tinted windows + having it on floorboard or partially under seat would be out of sight. I can't say as for on the front seat.

I carry in WA as of a month ago and I'm tired of reading up on the WA rules....

If you have a CPL and need to leave the pistol in the car it does not have to be unloaded, just out of sight..

There is no RCW that dictates window tint for a CPL holder. The guy who said that is completely uneducated.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top