JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
No spring chicken, I was already fully retired from a 40 year career with DOD when I settled in the Pacific Northwest a decade ago. A google hit brought me to NWFA, and I signed up in 2013 after visiting the site became a daily habit. Apparently I'd lurked so long that I just slipped into posting without ever introducing myself.

So finally, Hello! My name is Gary and I . . . own some guns.

I've been a hunter since age nine and gun owner since age eleven, so firearms have long been just a part of life. When I enlisted at age nineteen, firearms became just another part of the job. At age thirty, when that job had me carrying a concealed handgun both on-duty and off, firearms became an ever-present fact of life. Since two small sons were also ever-present by then, I was intensely motivated to learn all I could about safe handling, carrying, and storage of firearms. I've had no bad experiences to share in that regard . . . knock on wood.

I have qualified Expert often enough, but I have never been an "expert" about firearms. I try to learn from those who are.

I have admired and even had opportunity to shoot some fine antique firearms, but I have never collected or even owned any such beauties. I'm in awe - even envy - of those who do, and who know so much about them. Keep those posts coming.

I have fired plenty of rounds in practice, but never once with life or death in consequence. Among the contributors here are some who have, and they have lessons to teach. I am still intensely interested to learn.

15219631_10207414765588094_2933655970995817427_n.jpg

Great having you here. I'm really liking how this feature is causing everyone to engage.

Hope to see you at a Trash No Land cleanup sometime.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top