JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thats the plan. Ive seen the accu-strut and aesthetically even if it provides no drastic function or improvement.. it looks like an M14 which is probably why I want one despite the negative feedback about them.
I have not shot one in a VERY long time but, I do keep hearing from people that Ruger did greatly improve the design. That they no longer make patterns instead of groups. Even the old style I do not ever see any "fire sale" prices on them so there is no doubt a LOT of people who still love the rifles. Back when I was playing with them they were about 50% the cost of and AR so a lot of us were trying. Now they are about twice what an AR runs and someone is still buying them. :)

If you're anti Mini14, I suppose I did a bad baaad thing today. Finally picked one up. Used, a little rust here and there, but cheaper than anywhere else I could find one so I couldnt pass the deal up.

Better keep an eye on those broad sides of your barns fellas, Taking this one out Sunday.
May shoot so bad I feel like Im in "Wanted". But I gotta kick this skunk just to see for myself.

3028459C-FC92-4847-9E99-81BA7F0CDC6A.jpeg

I've had, I think, three over the years. One was a very early example. The other two that I remember were vintage late-1970's. None gave exciting accuracy. But I took them for what they were, high volume sprayers. That is also the basic function of the AR but generally they do it with greater accuracy.

Actually, I probably should have said the thought that I could makes hits at that range with ANYTHING using a non-magnified sight,

This has become an increasing issue for me. Seeing much at 300 yards with my bare eyes is getting difficult. My wife says I can read things at a distance better than she can. But she is referring to things on a single plane. Not looking at a fuzzy dot over front and rear sights. These days, using open sights I'm pretty happy if I can get the shots in the black ball at 100 yards. The black ball on the target is about the size of a human head; that is functional accuracy in my mind. An active target is probably not gonna hold still for a nice, small shot group anyway. Even if you hit dead nuts center first time, the target is likely to drop by way of gravity.

Well, since this thread has come back to life, I may as well contribute my 2 cents worth :D. I'm still very happy with my Mini 14, although I completely gave up on using a scope on it. It's a 2 minute rifle whether it's wearing a scope or a RDS, and the red dot is a lot easier to use. Using blaster ammo, I can hit an 8" plate at 200 yards 8 out of 10 shots, and a 4" plate about half that. Not an issue with the rifle or sights, more an issue with my eyes :rolleyes:. Regardless, that's plenty good enough for anything I'll ever need it for, AND it keeps running no matter what I do. And although not a long range shooter, it's a fun challenge to shoot it at 200 yards plus, whacking an 8" plate with one of my bolt guns at that range gets kind of boring, the Ruger makes it fun again. Later.