JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some people are getting together with Representative Blake soon, I want to wait until after the meeting before contacting any legislators. I am going to start writing letters to the county sheriffs to get data on SBS/SBR crime this week.

Ranb

Sent letters today (4/19) to:

Sue Rahr (King County)
Mark C Brown (Island County)
John Lovick (Snohomish County)
Bill Elfo (Whatcom County)

requesting data on illegal SBR/SBS use/possession within their counties.

Please wait before contacting the whole world on this issue. We are meeting in May to get things going in an organized manner. We''l be meeting with Brian Blake and others to go about this process with specific plans and goals. Rather than contacting every LEO in the state, there may be other ways to go about this.

Help is great, but lets move this thing along in an organized manner. The session isn't over yet, and it will be more than 8 months before any action is taken.

Thanks.

i wouldnt worry too much about me contacting these LEO dept's, since i know them on a personal level. it'll just provide some basic info for you all to look at during the May sit-down.

Just a random thinking but what about bringing up bullpup configurations? Then again that would just bring up an OAL issue rather than allowing shorter barrels so nevermind that point I guess. Has anyone tried Representative Liias about sponsoring? He was a co-sponsor on 1016. He comes from a gun family and is a reasonable guy in person (im friends w/ his sister )

Some people are getting together after the special session to discuss the bill. I was asked to keep our efforts low key for now. The best thing we can all do right now is contact our Senator and Representative and let them know we support the bill. Learn more about their views on gun control and why they will or will not support the SBR/SBS bill.

Ranb

Wondering if you guys are making any headway?
Ranb?
After the fantastic job you guys did on the supressor issue, I wish you the best of luck with this.

I am getting no responce from the Senators that voted for the ban. I had hoped to find out why they did so. Even if they write back, it will probably be to say they have no idea why as the SBS/SBR ban was only a few paragraphs in a 97 page bill and was voted on 17 years ago. The ones that voted for the ban are;

Senator Tracey Eide (While in House of Representatives)
Senator Tim Sheldon
Senator Lisa Brown (While in House of Representatives)
Senator Paull Shin
Senator Karen Fraser
Senator Jim Hargrove
Senator Rosemary McAuliffe
Senator Margarita Prentice

Since all of them voted for the silencer bill, it would be a good idea for anyone here who is in their district to write to them and thank them for their support. You might want to mention that the SBS/SBR bill and ask if they had any reservations about civilian possession when they voted for bill 2319 back in 1994 and ask if they would support or oppose bills 2098 or 2099.

I am getting some data back from the county sheriffs on SBS crime. There is more SBS crime than silencer crime. I have yet to hear back from all of the counties yet.

Ranb

There were two silencer bills that died several years ago. Then 1604 came along and died twice due to little support from the sponsors. I was actively involved with trying to get 1604 pushed through by meeting with the House Judiciary chairman, writing letters and communicating with gun control and police organizations. But 1604 still died despite my efforts. It was not until the bill came around again as 1016 sponsored by Representative Blake that things really took off. He got an additional 24 co-sponsors and backed it up by attending the committee hearings and talking to his colleagues. No bill ever passes without strong support from the sponsor and the silencer use bill was no exception.

While myself and others played a part, Blake gets the credit in my opinion.

Ranb

Good luck guys! I would love to get an SBR and see no reason for anyone to oppose this other than just the usual Hollywood based fears. If I can do anything to help just let me know.

Thanks you so much for all your hard work. I'd love to see SBS/SBR's in the future. Let us know if we can assist you in any way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top