JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That would only remove a small amount of the problem. I used to work juvenile rehab and a lot of kids were Surenos or Nortenos from the eastside. Most were here legally, and a surprising amount were local kids who were recruited by both gangs. It was a real eye opener to say the least.

That is our fault over the last century for being too lazy to pick our own fruit. Perfect job for teenagers instead of their heads buried in a video game

That is our fault over the last century for being too lazy to pick our own fruit. Perfect job for teenagers instead of their heads buried in a video game
:s0155: I learned about work/reward outside the home in the bean fields of the Willamette valley. While I had chores at home for which I got a small allowance, pushing off on Dexter Lake in MY boat,(a surplus 4 man rubber raft), that I bought with MY money was a feeling I will never forget. One reason the young haven't had that experience today is our "nanny laws" protecting them from work.......thanks to misguided activists who probably grew up in the lap of luxury and haven't a clue about work.

I'd add to that the near total destruction of the family hasn't helped either. Many young men get sucked into the life by gangmembers who play a father figure and are attracted to the near military like structure that many of the gangs have.

It's extremely easy to make hard booze with stills in the woods.. have you seen the markup on hard booze in WA State? Besides the hard drugs will never be legalized and they are a huge money maker

Illegal booze will never be as profitable, nor will it be even 5% of the volume that Pot and Cocaine are.

To put it to perspective in 2006 1.3 million pounds of marijuana were seized on the Mexican border so we can assume that at least 1 million pounds got through, maybe more. Wholesale value (not street mind you) is $2000 per pound that’s 2 billion dollars.

Do you really think they could make that kind of money with moonshine?

Illegal booze will never be as profitable, nor will it be even 5% of the volume that Pot and Cocaine are.

To put it to perspective in 2006 1.3 million pounds of marijuana were seized on the Mexican border so we can assume that at least 1 million pounds got through, maybe more. Wholesale value (not street mind you) is $2000 per pound that's 2 billion dollars.

Do you really think they could make that kind of money with moonshine?

Unless things have changed radically, in the early 1970s we were told in the USCG it was estimated we stopped 10-15% of contraband coming in. IMHO your numbers are waaaay low.

:s0155: I learned about work/reward outside the home in the bean fields of the Willamette valley. While I had chores at home for which I got a small allowance, pushing off on Dexter Lake in MY boat,(a surplus 4 man rubber raft), that I bought with MY money was a feeling I will never forget. One reason the young haven't had that experience today is our "nanny laws" protecting them from work.......thanks to misguided activists who probably grew up in the lap of luxury and haven't a clue about work.

Right on. Began working summers and after school as a tile setting apprentice at age 13

I'd add to that the near total destruction of the family hasn't helped either. Many young men get sucked into the life by gangmembers who play a father figure and are attracted to the near military like structure that many of the gangs have.

That was all planned as well by a certain group of dedicated communists who promoted all the destructive "isms" for the purpose of destroying Western civilization. The end game is fast approaching as we do nothing

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top