Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Time to call the National Guard?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twoclones, Apr 4, 2011.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Seems that shootings are an every day occurance in Sunnyside and Grandview, WA.

Minor injury reported in Sunnyside drive-by shooting | Yakima Herald-Republic

Minor injury reported in Sunnyside drive-by shooting

SUNNYSIDE, Wash. -- A single shotgun blast fired through a living room window in the 600 block of Miller Avenue early Sunday morning slightly injured a sleeping 14-year-old girl, Sunnyside police said today.

Police, who described the 5 a.m. incident as a drive-by shooting, said the girl suffered a small cut to her hand from broken glass, but required no medical attention.

Other occupants of the home also were asleep at the time and no other injuries were reported, police said in a news release.

Police are asking any one information on the incident to call 509-836-6200.

-- Yakima Herald-Republic

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

From what I have heard the Tri-Cities and Yakima are major drug trans-shipment points for cocaine, meth, and marijuana come up from the cartels in Mexico and being distributed by Mexican gangs up here. It's not all drug related, but the drugs draw the thugs. Unfortunately, there is a lot of collateral damage, but rest assured, Big Sis says our borders are more secure than ever! Yeah, right.:angry:

3. twoclones

I'd head that Yakima was a 'hub' for drug distribution way back when I lived in Wenatchee. Hadn't heard that about Tri-Cities before... East Pasco is one heck of a dangerous place though.

4. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Better move would be to call ICE and the Border Patrol

5. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Amen Blitz.

6. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

AFTER surrounding the area with concertina and setting up ID checkpoints.....

7. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Yakima has been a hub for years, but from what I have read on the news the drug traffic has spread out thru that whole area as more pressure has been put on Yakima.

Regarding East Pasco, I got off on the wrong exit looking for gas one time on my way up to Pullman to visit my son in College and there were some pretty salty looking individuals hanging around.

8. Blitzkrieg

I love this site

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes, brought to you from our open border policy makers. :nuts:

10. Blitzkrieg

It's all been planned long ago

11. twoclones

The cultural gap is pretty big between West and East Pasco. I occasionally give chainsaw carving demonstrations in East Pasco and never feel threatened when packing a loaded chainsaw ;) But I live in Kennewick where the gang crap occasionally spills over to which has a lot to do with why I open carry at home.

12. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Ever thought of offering free chainsaw vasectomies to those gangbangers????

13. akula

akula Seattle Member

Just legalize most of the drugs.

14. Blitzkrieg

That's not going to solve the drunk driving murders (12 per day in the USA from illegals, that's over 9,000 US citizens dead each year if you add up all murders they commit) , the 11 to 12 murders every day, rapes, gang rapes, child rapes, robberies and other crimes that illegals commit

15. akula

akula Seattle Member

No but it will help law enforcement concentrate on real crimes both here and at the border. It will also get rid of the main income for the Mexican cartels thus making Mexico a better place to live and keep a good number of them from trying to get into the US illegally.

16. WIRED tactical

WIRED tactical Snohomish County, WA Member

Amen haha

17. Blitzkrieg

I don't think it will work that way.. they will simply shift to smuggling other contraband. Cigs, alcohol, hard drugs, etc

18. akula

akula Seattle Member

Like what? Name one thing that is more profitable than drugs. Granted they will still make money of Meth and Heroin but nothing compared to what they are making now.

19. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

That would only remove a small amount of the problem. I used to work juvenile rehab and a lot of kids were Surenos or Nortenos from the eastside. Most were here legally, and a surprising amount were local kids who were recruited by both gangs. It was a real eye opener to say the least.

20. Blitzkrieg

It's extremely easy to make hard booze with stills in the woods.. have you seen the markup on hard booze in WA State? Besides the hard drugs will never be legalized and they are a huge money maker