JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Folks lets have the thoughts.
Is it time to buy, presses, powder, bullets, primers, dies, etc?
Will they be outlawed, or will people buy buy buy, and prices sail up?

Give me your thoughts.
I'm thinking of buying today.
Thanks!

Prices are already going up and components are getting scarce. After a brief search it looks to me that 223 bullets are backordered til february. If you can swing it, go for it. If you are a volume shooter and you are a reasonably careful person get a progressive right off the bat.

I would do it, but I think you will have a hard time finding componants at this point. I cut my ammo costs at least in half by reloading, and some calibers like .454Casull and .458Socom more than that.

Reloading is a great skill/ability to have even if it isn't the main source of ammo you use. I don't have a fancy set-up, but all of my calibers are covered (except 7.62x54R), so in times like these I just sit back and ---------> :s0093:

If you are just now thinking about starting to relaod, you are a little bit late to the game so you are going to end up paying more that you would before the gun buying panic of 2012. Prices are going up and some products are scarce such as primers.
It is a great hobby so don't be discouraged if you want to start, just keep searching for when reloading items become available so you are ready to stock up with the reloading supplies that you need.
You can save some serious money reloading. You will most likely eat up the savings by shooting more (win-win), but it takes a bit of an investment in the right tools to do the job.

Can someone point me to a good resource to learn about reloading please? I know very little and would like to learn more and get an idea of the type set-up that would work best for my needs.

Buy the Lyman Reloading Handbook, I have the 49th edition: "trusted by reloaders for over a century". Great intro on Reloading, reloading for Rifle and Pistol , components and tons of loads. Get this: Unbiased info.

I was all prepared to answer, but have noticed that all three of the manuals I was going to recommend are already up there. And, in the order I recommend them. :D

Go for as much reloader as the budget will permit, remembering to account for the cost of dies, scale and components. If you decide to start with a progressive, I recommend that you treat it as a single stage until you get some experience.

Pops

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads